Low Carb Noodles! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Low Carb Noodles!

Last post Feb 05, 2007 8:53 AM by always_learning . 14 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
  • Low Carb Noodles!
    I was hungry for noodles so I purchased the low carb tortillas and using a pizza cutter, I sliced one about 1/4" wide, topped it with Creamy Italian Chicken. I was good. I'm going to make spaghetti sauce tomorrow or make a lasagna.

I just wanted to share....hope you enjoy the "noodles" too.

I've been making wraps for breakfast. One small tortilla filled with scrambled egg, cheese, bacon and salsa. Very good and satisfying and only around 6 grams of carbs. I feel like I'm eating "regular" food.
    False
  • RE: Low Carb Noodles!
    bump

-angel
    False
    Now that's something I would never have thought of!! Thanks :o)
    False
    Sounds like a great idea -- and MUST be better than the Mueller's low carb pasta -- BLECH!! I could not even eat them. Wet cardboard -- ick and yuck! *grin*

~~susie.
    Ü
    False

That's a great idea, Jacee! I have been thinking of having Beef strogonoff (sp?), but didn't know what to do about the noodles... now I know!!! Thanks for the tip!

You are soooooo right, Susie. That Mueller's stuff is the worst! I tried it once & threw the rest of the box out. I really like the Dreamland pasta... you can't tell the difference.

Barb
    False
    Another idea if/when you get desperate for noodles is to use zucchini.

Slice off the ends and use a potato peeler to 'peel' the strips the length of the zucchini. You will end up with long, thin 'noodles'. Boil briefly, drain and serve with butter, salt and pepper.

False
    Dreamfields is great and spaghetti squash is also very good. I didn't like the other brands either.
    Carol
    False
    I have never heard of Dreamfields. What is it made from and where do you find it? I tried spaghetti squash once but the texture was too crunchy, did I do something wrong?

Know what I'm going to try? I'm going to cut the tortillas into triangles, fry them and sprinkle them with Splenda and cinnamon....hope it works! I think this will make a great snack. I'd try it tonight but I've already eaten my limit in carbs :-(
    False
    Jacee, I bet that would be great. Have you ever baked cheese slices to make crackers? They are very good. The Dreamfields pasta can be gotten at Wal Mart and maybe you didn't cook the spaghetti squash long enough. We really like the spaghetti squash and I have gotten a dried tomato alfredo sauce at Wal Mart that is also very good and that makes a low carb meal.
    Carol
    False
    Yes, rccola, I have made the cheese crackers, sometimes they are crispy at other times real chewy. I have never figured out why.

How do you cook your spaghetti squash? Is Dreamfields in with the regular brands of spaghetti or another place? I love alfredo sauce!!!
    False
    Hi Jacee, Sorry it took me so long to get back. The Dreamfields is found right along side the regular spaghetti at Wal Mart anyway. They had four types tubes,spagetti,macroni and fettucini. As far as the spaghetti squash goes I have done it in the oven as well as the micro wave. Cut it in half and clean it then turn it upside down in a dish with some water in it and cook till a fork will pierce the skin easily. Hope you decide to try it again we really like them.
    Carol
    False
    I cut up flour tortillas to use for dumplings and also use the large ones for pizza crust. We use more flour tortilla than bread most days. I make a hugh batch and freeze and have even made the low carb ones using soy flour.
    False
    Mmmm, pizza, good ideas Homestyle, I'll try that.

I tried frying the low-carb tortillas the other night and I thought they were really good. I cut them in wedges, dropped them into hot oil (don't let the oil get too hot) then I sprinkled them with Splenda and cinnamon, a great snack.
    False
    Great ideas
    False

False