Salmon recipes | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Salmon recipes

Last post Jul 14, 2008 8:09 PM by TriainAtlanta . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Salmon recipes
    Went to Red Lobster tonight - I had my wonderful shrimp/lobster linguini and it was wonderful. My husband was terribly disappointed - he had grilled salmon and shrimp scampi. I would love to surprise him with a great grilled salmon recipe. We had it when visiting a dear friend in Arkansas a few months ago - it was delicious on the grill. The downside to this request is that the mosquitoes are so bad here this year I can't even think about grilling out. Any salmon recipes that I can make inside?
    False
  • RE: Salmon recipes
    bump
    False

Posted by: lindachicken__Oklahoma Posted on: 6/26/2003 12:01:07 PM
    #R1746662
    Posted by: BahstonFrn Replies: 0 Posted on: 6/6/2003 11:27:59 AM
    #T188174
    These were in our local paper yesterday. (Hy Vee is a midwestern grocery store chain) Although I haven't tried them yet, I thought the basics were good to keep on file, and thought the recipe sounded really good.

Basic Salmon Cooking Instructions

Microwave:
    1. Place salmon on microwave-safe plate with thickest part toward outer edge of dish.
    2. Tuck thin tail of fillet under for even cooking. Cover with wax paper.
    3. Microwave at medium heat 3-6 minutes for 1 pound of salmon. Internal temperature should reach 140 degrees Fahrenheit and fish should flake easily with a fork.

Grill:
    1. Grill salmon skin-side up on medium high heat, about 4 minutes per side.
    2. Turn salmon once, until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit or salmon flakes easily with a fork.

Grilled Bourbon Salmon

1/2 cup brown sugar
    3 Tbsps bourbon
    2 Tbsps low-sodium soy sauce
    1 Tbsps fresh lime sauce
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/8 tsp black pepper
    1/2 tsp ready-to-use minced garlic
    4 salmon fillets

Combine brown sugar, bourbon, soy sauce, lime juice, salt, pepper and garlic in a large resealable plastic bag; add salmon fillets. Seal bag and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Turn bag once to marinate other side of salmon. Remove fillets from bag and discard marinade.

Grill salmon skin-side up on medium-high heat, about 3-4 minutes.

Turn salmon and grill for an additional 3-4 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit or salmon flakes easily with a fork

Servings: 4

Source: Hy Vee dietitian, Sioux City Journal

False

Posted by: lindachicken__Oklahoma Posted on: 6/26/2003 12:23:52 PM
    #R1746774
    Posted by: lindachicken__Oklahoma Replies: 6 Posted on: 6/18/2003 4:56:26 AM #T192841 If you like Salmon this is good quick and easy!

Crisp cucumber, fresh dill and fresh lime sauce served with grilled salmon.

Sauce Ingredients:

1 cup LAND O LAKES® Light Sour Cream
    1 medium cucumber, peeled, chopped
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed*
    1 to 2 tablespoons lime juice
    1 teaspoon grated lime peel
    1/4 teaspoon pepper

Salmon Ingredients:

4 (about 6 ounces each) salmon steaks
    4 teaspoons LAND O LAKES® Margarine

Heat gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals
    are ash white.

Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients in small bowl;
    set aside.

Prep: 15 min Grill: 12 min

Place salmon on grill. Cover; grill 6 minutes. Turn salmon
    over. Place 1 teaspoon margarine on each salmon steak; spread
    gently over surface of salmon. Continue grilling for 6 to 8
    minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Serve with sauce.

*Substitute 2 teaspoons dried dill weed.

BROILING DIRECTIONS: Prepare sauce as directed above. Heat
    broiler. Place salmon steaks on broiler rack 2 to 5 inches
    from heat. Broil 6 minutes; turn. Place 1 teaspoon margarine
    on each salmon steak; spread gently over surface of salmon.
    Continue broiling for 6 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes
    with a fork. Serve with sauce.

Makes 4 servings

False

We have salmon about three times a week. Our favorite preparation is to place salmon in a pan well sprayed with Pam skin side down. I make a rub of brown sugar, cayenne pepper, and 2-3 shakes of Emeril's original. Spread this on the salmon and bake at 400 for 11 minutes per inch thickness of salmon. This same preparation can also be used on the grill. It is delicious.
    False
    Posted by: A 1 Mom Posted on: 8/12/2003 9:43:53 PM
    #R1986415
    Salmon and Shrimp With Garlic Rice

5 T butter or margarine, divided
    3 T all purpose flour
    1 ½ cups half-and -half cream
    1 ½ cups ( 6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
    1 tsp salt
    ½ tsp ground mustard
    ¼ tsp dill weed
    Dash cayenne pepper
    ½ pound medium uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
    1 ½ pounds salmon fillets
    3 garlic cloves, minced1 cup uncooked long grain rice
    2 cups chicken broth
    In a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Stir in flour until smooth;
    Gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add 1 cup cheese, salt, mustard, dill and cayenne; stir until cheese is melted.
    Remove from the heat; stir in shrimp. Pat salmon dry; place in a greased 13 in x 9 in x 2 in baking dish. Pour shrimp mixture over salmon. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 25- 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp is pink.
    Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute garlic in remaining butter until tender. Add rice; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Serve with the salmon and shrimp mixture. Yield 6 servings.
    These salmon recipes are in the 2002 Taste of Home Annual Cookbook
    False

Posted by: beacheagle Posted on: 7/14/2003 8:55:10 PM
    #R1834936
    CORN CRISPED SALMON CROQUETTES

1 lb. canned salmon, drained & flaked
    1 cup evaporated milk
    1 ½ cups corn flake crumbs
    ¼ cup drained pickle relish
    ¼ cup finely chopped celery
    2 T. finely chopped onion
    1 teas. Accent

Combine salmon, ½ cup evaporated milk, ½ cup corn flake crumbs, relish, celery, and onion and shape into 12 balls or cones. Combine remaining cup of corn flake crumbs with Accent. Dip balls in ½ cup evaporated milk and then roll the balls in the corn flake crumb mixture. Place in a shallow baking pan lined with aluminum foil. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes. Serve with tartar sauce.

False

Bumping more yummy salmon recipes! :-)
    False
    Salmon and Mediterranean Vegetables

1/4 cup olive oil
    8 cloves garlic, finely minced
    4 cups mixture of eggplant (quartered and sliced), zucchini (thinly sliced), and mushrooms (sliced)
    1/2 tsp. salt; 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
    3 cups seeded and diced plum tomatoes (can use canned unless you have extremely good fresh tomatoes)
    1/2 tsp. orange zest (finely chopped)
    1/8 tsp. saffron; 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes; 1/4 tsp. dried thyme, crushed; 1 tsp. fresh basil, chopped, or 1/4 tsp. dried; 3/4 tsp. fresh rosemary or 1/4 tsp. dried; 2 Tbs. fresh parsley, chopped.
    6 5 to 6 oz. fillets - salmon

Heat oil in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat. Saute garlic lightly, then add eggplant, zucchini, and mushrooms and half salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until vegetables soften. Add tomatoes, orange zest, and remaining spices. Cook, stirring slightly, for about 5 more minutes.
    Sprinkle remaining salt and pepper on fish fillets. Layer half of the vegetable mixture in bottom of a large baking dish or pan. Place fish fillets evenly over the top of the vegetables, overlapping if necessary. Layer remaining vegetables over fish. Cover tightly and place in a COLD oven. Turn oven to 425 degrees and cook for 30 minutes. Serve over your choice of pasta or rice. I usually serve it over angel hair pasta. It is divine! This can also be made w/ sea bass. I have never served this to anyone who did not just rave over it. Don't leave out the orange zest!
    Tria
    False
    Tria
    That is 6 - 5 to 6 oz. fillets!
    Tria
    False
    Tria
  • Re: RE: Salmon recipes

Bump!

False
    Tria