Recipe Request-Mansion Green Bean Casserole (Dallas,TX) | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Recipe Request-Mansion Green Bean Casserole (Dallas,TX)

Last post Nov 10, 2004 4:29 PM by Dweeba . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • Recipe Request-Mansion Green Bean Casserole (Dallas,TX)
    Does anyone have the recipe for "Mansion Green Bean Casserole" by Chef Dean Fearing of The Mansion on Turtle Creek in Dallas, Texas.
    A friend is looking for this recipe.
    The dish is described as follows - "Fresh green beans are coated in a made-from-scratch creamy mushroom sauce and then topped with homemade onion straws." Thanks!
    False
  • RE: Recipe Request-Mansion Green Bean Casserole (Dallas,TX)
    I know it (serves 8) can be ordered through www.hochow.com for $79.50.
    Yikes, I think not. So, would like the recipe if anyone has it.
    False
    Hey, I found it cheaper -- $65.00

Chef Dean Fearing of The Mansion on Turtle Creek has taken the traditional green bean casserole to an infinitely higher plane. Fresh green beans are coated in a creamy mushroom sauce then topped with homemade onion straws. Five net carbs per serving (without onions). 4.5 lbs. Serves eight.

http://tinyurl.com/3n4uu

connieh
    False
    Thanks connieh. WOnder if there is a recipe out there or a tastealike copycat recipe.
    False
    Wonder if he has a cookbook? I'll look the next time I am out to Barnes and Nobel, It would be easy enough to copy. I have never seen any cookbook of his at my local library~Janie~ I can check it out on the computer too.
    False
    False

Photobucket

Yikes! I'd love to have this recipe, but $65 for one order of it? It CAN'T be that good!

~~susie.

False

Thanks jcz04.
    The recipe will be shared on the board if it is found.
    False
    Good grief!! How good can this stuff be?! I mean boy oh boy, sure everyone, come on to my house and all you are gonna get is green bean eating, for 79 bucks!!!! eeeEEEWWWW, ouch. Ok, sorry, 65 bucks for the beans, and 14 bucks for shipping. LOL. Nope, not in this house. I looked at the picture and did not look like 79 bucks worth to me, sorry charlie, ummm, lets have tuna instead. *giggles* Have a good day everyone, will keep an eye out for this recipe. Connie
    False
    I have the Mansion on Turtle Creek Cookbook and that particular recipe is not in there. Doesn't appear to be on Foodnetwork either. Hmmm. I'll let you know if I run across it.
    False
    Hi, do you think it could be (our) green bean casserole and he the chef won't admit it....just a thought, Shirley
    False
    Here's a Fearing-sounding kind of dish from Bon Appetit.

GREEN BEANS WITH MUSHROOM-MADEIRA SAUCE
    Remember the green bean casserole made with nothing but convenience ingredients: frozen or canned green beans, canned cream of mushroom soup and, for the topping, canned fried onions? Here it is again, only fresher and better.
    3 tablespoons butter
    6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
    6 ounces oyster mushrooms, sliced
    3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
    3 tablespoons chopped shallots
    1/2 cup Madeira
    1 cup whipping cream
    1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
    Vegetable oil (for deep-frying)
    2 large leeks (white and pale green parts only), thinly sliced crosswise
    Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add all mushrooms and thyme; sauté 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons shallots; sauté until mushrooms are tender, about 3 minutes. Add Madeira and simmer until almost all liquid evaporates, about 2 minutes. Add cream and simmer until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Set sauce aside. Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, 5 minutes. Drain. Transfer to bowl of ice water; cool. Drain. (Sauce and beans can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover separately; chill.)
    Pour enough oil into large deep saucepan to reach depth of 4 inches. Heat oil to 350°F. Place 1/4 of leeks in small metal strainer. Lower strainer into oil; fry until golden, 40 seconds. Lift strainer from oil. Drain leeks on paper towels. Repeat with remaining leeks in 3 more batches. Season leeks with salt.
    Melt 1 tablespoon butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add beans and remaining 1 tablespoon shallots; toss to heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Place beans on platter.
    Bring sauce to simmer. Spoon sauce over beans. Sprinkle with fried leeks.

Makes 6 servings.
    Bon Appétit - September 1999

False
    bump
    False
    Thanks TexasroseII and thanks to all. I know... can you even imagine a green bean dish at that price. That's just crazy. Giggles. I'm sure Chef Dean Fearing would have some stiff competetion from the good cooks on this board. Thanks again.
    False