What Can I Do To Jazz Up Breaded Chicken Patties? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What Can I Do To Jazz Up Breaded Chicken Patties?

Last post Oct 01, 2013 6:15 PM by arelabs . 18 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 12
  • What Can I Do To Jazz Up Breaded Chicken Patties?
    I plan on serving breaded chicken patties for dinner, but just serving them in buns sounds boring. I read a post of making Chicken Parmesan out of them. Do you have any other ideas on how I can jazz them up?

Chefly
    False
  • RE: What Can I Do To Jazz Up Breaded Chicken Patties?
    I was thinking Chicken Parm when I first read your subject. You can use a marinara sauce (either your own or canned) and then top with your cheese of choice and put under the broler for a few minutes. Yum! :)
    False
    I'd suggest making a mayo/ketchup combination and adding diced red peppers and maybe some finely diced sundried tomato to the mayo mixture.

And perhaps some baby spinach instead of lettuce?

donnac
    False
    If you do serve it on a bun;how about putting Buffalo chicken wing sauce on one side, maybe blue cheese dressing and lettuce on the other side.
    Rosie
    False

The first thing that comes to my mind is Chicken Fried Steak with mashed potatoes and milk gravy. Do I sound hungry???
    False
    Quick Chicken Parmigiana

1 pkg ( about10 oz) frozen fuly cooked breaded chicken patties
    1 jar ( 28 oz) pasta sauce
    2 Tbs. grated parmesean cheese
    1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    4 cups hot cooked spaghetti

In 2 quart shallow baking dish arrange patties. Top each with 1/4 cup pasta sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.Bake at 400F for 15 min. or until chicken is hot and cheese is melted. Heat remaining sauce until hot. Serve sauce with chicken and spaghetti.
    False
    Salsa Chicken Sandwiches

Recipe By :Created by General Mills
    Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Chicken Poultry
    Sandwiches

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 package frozen breaded chicken breast patties -- (10 1/2 oz)
    4 whole wheat sandwich buns -- split
    8 teaspoons purchased black bean dip
    1/4 cup thick-and-chunky salsa
    1/2 cup shredded lettuce

Cook chicken in oven as directed on package, adding buns, cut-side up, the last 3 to 4 minutes of cooking time until lightly toasted.

Spread bottom half of each bun with 2 teaspoons dip. Top each with chicken patty; spread with 1 tablespoon salsa. Top each with 2 tablespoons lettuce and top of bun.

This recipe yields 4 sandwiches.

Source:
    "Back of the Box Recipes at www.backofthebox.com"
    S(Formatted for MC6):
    "11-30-2000 by Joe Comiskey - jcomiskey@krypto.net"
    - - - - - - - - - - - -
    False
    Hot Chicken Subs

Recipe By :Created by General Mills
    Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Chicken Poultry
    Sandwiches

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    12 frozen breaded chicken breast patties
    2 loaves French bread - (16 oz ea) -- halved horizontally
    1 cup creamy Italian dressing
    Lettuce leaves -- as needed
    2 large tomatoes -- thinly sliced

Prepare chicken as directed on package.

Spread cut sides of bread with dressing. Layer half of the lettuce, hot chicken patties and tomatoes on each bottom half of bread. Top with top half of bread. Cut into slices.

This recipe yields 12 servings.

Source:
    "Back of the Box Recipes at www.backofthebox.com"
    S(Formatted for MC6):
    "11-30-2000 by Joe Comiskey - jcomiskey@krypto.net"
    False
    These all sound good. I will try each of them in the future. Tonight, I used Rosie's idea and made Buffalo chicken sandwiches. They were very tasty and a big improvement from just plain chicken patties.

Thanks everyone,
    Chefly
    False
    I like to top with a slice of ham and then a slice of swiss cheese for chicken cordon bleu - yummy!
    False
    My favorite is to put swiss cheese, bacon, tomato, lettuce and mayo on them and serve them on buns...YUMM!
    False
    Fry or bake your chicken patties until crispy, then ladle some of my soup over them on your plate.

John

Cream Of Jalapeño Soup
    Make this creamy soup as hot as you like, by leaving the seeds of the jalapeños in the soup.

2 tablespoons butter
    3 jalapeño chiles, seeded and chopped*
    1/2 cup chopped peeled onion
    1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    4 cups water
    1 (14.5-ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
    3/4 cup half-and-half
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese

In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. When foam subsides, stir in jalapeños, onion and carrot. Sauté until tender, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle in flour and cook another 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour water and chicken broth into pot in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Strain soup, reserving liquid.
    Purée strained vegetables in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return to pot along with reserved liquid and heat over medium-low heat. Pour in half-and-half, stirring until well mixed and thoroughly heated. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro and salt. Serve garnished with Monterey Jack cheese.
    Makes 6 servings.

Capsaicin is the ingredient in chiles that causes the burning sensation associated with fresh peppers. It's a good idea to use rubber gloves when handling fresh chiles.

Cooking Tip: For an eye-catching garnish, fry up thin strips of corn tortillas until crispy. Sprinkle with salt and drain on paper towels. Right before serving.
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    Ok guys, now I want to serve them again tomorrow just to try some more of these recipes. Yum!

Chefly
    False
    Odd sounding, but we like to use them to make chicken quesadillas.

Thaw them, then slice into strips. Place on a tortilla, top with cheese, fold in half and grill.
    Don't gag now...we dip them in ranch dressing and/or bbq sauce:)

The chix patties are also good made into bbq chicken pizza. Just slice them up, slather a prepared crust with bbq sauce, sprinkle on the chix, some chopped red onion, and loads of cheese. Bake.
    Very good:)

deb
    False
  • Re: What Can I Do To Jazz Up Breaded Chicken Patties?

Don't have a name for this, but one of our favorites:

Bake chicken pattties as directed.  Put each on  a toasted english muffin half.  Then top with a slice of tomato, slice of any kind of cheese you like (Swiss, American, Cheddar, Provolone). Then pour Hollandaise sauce over all.  (Either homemade or I use Knorr mix) 

False