Old manual donut dropper..... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Old manual donut dropper.....

Last post Nov 22, 2004 3:50 PM by DeeDeeBird . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Old manual donut dropper.....
    I have an old donut dropper that you manually drop the donut dough/mix into hot oil to cook them............ Does anyone have any other recipes other than donuts that I can use this dropper for??? Or do you have some exceptionally great donut recipes???
    Thanks, DeeDeeBird
    False
  • RE: Old manual donut dropper.....

False

BUTTERMILK DOUGHNUTS

6 eggs
    1 tsp. salt
    2 tsp. soda
    1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
    1/2 tsp. allspice
    5 tsp. vanilla
    3 c. white sugar
    7 c. flour
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
    3 c. buttermilk
    1/2 c. oil
    Beat the eggs well. Add sugar gradually. Sift the dry ingredients and add them alternately to the egg and sugar mixture. Don't over mix. Add the vanilla and oil and mix briefly. Use doughnut dropper and fry on both sides in deep fryer set at 375 degrees until browned.

False
    Donut Maker 3168 $13.99

Also works for pancake batter!

Here is a simple recipe I just found. In a large bowl, mix together one egg, one cup of milk, one cup of flour, a teaspoon of baking powder, and a pinch of salt. (you can experiment with sugar and a pinch of villia extract to taste). No need to buy the boxed stuff anymore!

False
    I've read that someone uses it to fill muffin tins too. Don't know where I read it though.

John
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    Thanks so much for the ideas and recipes!! Sounds like I'll have to try them!! Thanks again...Happy Thanksgiving - DeeDeeBird
    False