*Measurement questions* ??? Vanilla vs. imitation vanilla ~ and ~ Saigon cinnamon vs. cheap cinnamon ??? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

*Measurement questions* ??? Vanilla vs. imitation vanilla ~ and ~ Saigon cinnamon vs. cheap cinnamon ???

Last post Nov 23, 2004 12:05 PM by pepmint . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • *Measurement questions* ??? Vanilla vs. imitation vanilla ~ and ~ Saigon cinnamon vs. cheap cinnamon ???
    I use both real vanilla & imitation vanilla. When following a recipe do you measure them differently, or are they equal in measurement?

How about Saigon cinnamon vs. cheap cinnamon? Do you measure the same or change it?

In other words, do you just follow the recipe no matter what the quality of your ingredient or do you adjust depending on what your ingredient is?

Hmmm...
    False
  • RE: *Measurement questions* ??? Vanilla vs. imitation vanilla ~ and ~ Saigon cinnamon vs. cheap cinnamon ???
    I follow the recipe when using Saigon cinnamon and real vanilla.

~~susie.
    False

• RE: *Measurement questions* ??? Vanilla vs. imitation vanilla ~ and ~ Saigon cinnamon vs. cheap cinnamon ???
    Actually I follow the recipe no matter what "grade" I'm using! LOL.

~~susie.
    False

Me too, well sort of, LOL!

However somewhere I read something about there being a difference and using less, so I thought I would see if anyone else knows anything about that. Probably won’t change how I do anything, but I just wanted to know if there was a difference:)

Thanks for you input!
    False
    I use real vanilla and vietnamese cinnamon and always use the same measurements that the recipe calls for.
    False
    Imitation vanilla will have a stronger flavor after freezing when used in baked goods. I've never had to use less though.
    Among the brands of real vanilla you might notice some are milder than others.
    False