Refrigerate Pumpkin Pie? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Refrigerate Pumpkin Pie?

Last post Nov 23, 2004 2:16 PM by moms_rule_OH . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Refrigerate Pumpkin Pie?
    Do you all put your pumpkin pie in
    refrigerator? or let it set out?
    Thanks for any answers! Roberta
    False
  • RE: Refrigerate Pumpkin Pie?
    I usually refrigerate mine if I've made it ahead. Leftovers I let sit out for awhile after dinner, but usually put any left in the fridge before going to bed.
    False

I will usually let ours set out for a day or two, depending on the weather. If it is humid at all, it tends to grow green fuzzies fairly quickly. If I refrigerate it from the start, I usually warm up a slice in the microwave before eating, as I prefer it warm than ice cold.
    False
    If I had a place in the house that was cool, I'd let them sit out if I made them ahead. Our little house stays so warm when I'm cooking a lot, no place stays very cool.
    False

Refrigerate it always. There are eggs and milk in the recipe. Both are easily able to produce food borne illnesses if not propery stored.
    False
    Always refrigerate. I second what Idahobluebird said. 2 hours is the absolute MAXIMUM amount of time it should be out of the frig.
    False
    Pumpkin Pie is cooked and contains a lot of sugar. The eggs and milk in it are no different than the eggs and milk baked in a cake. So bacterial contamination is not the worry. But because of it's moisture content, mold spores can get to it and cause it to go bad after awhile. Same with fruit pies.
    False