Fried Mushrooms like Garfields | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Fried Mushrooms like Garfields

Last post Nov 23, 2004 11:53 PM by Sissue . 2 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
  • Fried Mushrooms like Garfields
    We have a Garfield's in our area and I love their fried mushrooms. They are really different from others I have tried out. The mushrooms are not "wet" and the breading stays on them. I found a recipe that is similar but can't find a copycat of the mustard sauce they serve with them. Does anyone have a good mustard sauce recipe to share? Here is my recipe for the fried mushrooms.

Crispy Fried Mushrooms

8 oz whole fresh mushrooms (cut in half if extra large)
    1/2 cup flour
    1/2 t salt
    1/4 t dry mustard
    1/4 t paprika
    dash pepper
    1/2 cup buttermilk
    Oil for frying

Mix flour, salt, mustard, paprika, and pepper in large plastic bag. Set aside. Place buttermilk in small bowl. Dip a few mushrooms at a time in buttermilk. Place in bag with flour mixture and shake to coat. Heat 3 to 4” oil in deep fryer or heavy saucepan to 375 degrees. Fry a few mushroom at a time, 2 to 3 minutes, or until deep golden brown, turning over several times. Drain on paper towels. Good served with mustard or ranch dressing for dipping.

Sue
    False
  • RE: Fried Mushrooms like Garfields
    Garfields is the best place to eat fast food in our area. So much better than the other burger and chicken places and more cozy. Seems like you are at least getting the restaurant experience for fast food prices. We like the potatoe skins served there too. I have found that Sam's carries the TGI Friday frozen potatoe skins with real cheese and real potatoes and that taste great. (Don't order the Monte Crisco sandwich at Garfields. I don't think the cooks know how it is suppose to be cooked.)
    False
  • RE: Fried Mushrooms like Garfields
    Thanks for the tip, Homestyle. DH and I mostly have the mushrooms and then split the club sandwich or the fajitas. I also like the potato soup.

Sue
    False