Do You Refrigerate Pumpkin Pies? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do You Refrigerate Pumpkin Pies?

Last post Sep 28, 2014 11:03 AM by Motorhomegal . 37 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 123
  • Do You Refrigerate Pumpkin Pies?
    I just finished making 2 pumpkin pies and have always refrigerated them. I was wondering if anyone knows if it's safe to keep them at room temp. My fridge is so full right now and it sure would be easier if I didn't have to make room for them! LOL

Thanks much in advance:)...and Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Ginny
    False
  • RE: Do You Refrigerate Pumpkin Pies?
    I never refrigerate mine. I like the flavor better when they are at room temp.

Debbie
    False
    Oh great!!! Thanks so much, Debbie:)
    False
    You're welcome. I have been making pies for quite sometime let alone eating them and I'm still plump and healthy! LOL. Have a good Thanksgiving.

Debbie
    False
    Hey, I know what you're saying...same goes for me! LOL
    False
    I'll tell ya from experience...Where do you live? I lived in FL for years. Made Thanksgiving dinner for a bunch of friends one year. We were all too full for dessert. Covered pies & left them out...they molded, big time. Something to think about.
    False
    Yes, I do put them in the fridge.
    False
    Well here's my plan...I put them in the fridge to cool completely and then they're going to the garage where it's in the low 50's...we're in Northern WI...so I think it'll be safe to keep them in there. The temps are in the 20's overnight but the garage should keep them from freezing. I have them wrapped in aluminum foil and in plastic boxes for extra protection:) I think I'll be safe in doing this.

I do appreciate all the suggestions and info on your past experiences. Thanks so much...:)
    False
    I put them in the frige. I like a nice cold pumpkin pie anyhow. I know a lot of people who do not chill them. I would though after tomrrow so they don't start to mold.
    False
    I put them in the frige. I like a nice cold pumpkin pie anyhow. I know a lot of people who do not chill them. I would though after tomrrow so they don't start to mold.
    False
    Just to clarify my last post...I figured the temp in the garage was in the low 50's...the temp outside right now is 30º...so it may even be cooler in the garage. Anyhow it's plenty cool enough to keep the pies chilled!:)
    False
    I agree, Kaliluck...I'll have plenty of room in the fridge once I take the turkey out in the morning...it's thawing in there right now...so I think it'll be just fine:)
    False
    In FL, we keep everything in the fridge.

Do you have any stackable cooling racks? These work great for extra room in the fridge!!
    False
    My mom never refrigerated them. If you do the crust gets soggy and the pie could weep.
    False
    I live in Iowa and as I said before mine were just fine not be refrigerated. For even a few days after the holiday. They would be just fine on the counter if you can keep everyone out of them.

Debbie
    False