rolled anise cookies | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

rolled anise cookies

Last post Mar 05, 2006 5:13 PM by zakons . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • rolled anise cookies
    My sister-in-law used to make rolled, frosted anise cookies every Christmas. Unfortunately I never got her recipe before she passed away. I would really appreciate receiving this recipe if anyone is familiar with it.

It is a relatively soft cookies, rolled out and frosted. It used either anise oil or anise flavoring.

Thank you.
    False
  • RE: rolled anise cookies
    False

False
    You are welcome to visit my blog...http://cherryblossomtable.blogspot.com/
    I received two responses to my request for recipes. These responses were from suzycreamcheese and twinkle30. However, when I clicked on their names all I got was their nicknames, posts, first used, and last used info. There were no recipes shown.

I am still looking for these recipes. Thank you.
    False
    they were just bumping the topic up for you to get an answer...thats why there is nothing when you click on their names.....

hope you find your recipe, it sounds real good and i will also be watching for it...i like anise also
    False
    do you think this is it...

Glazed Anise 19859

schatzie_44

2/3 cup butter (no substitutes), softened

1 cup sugar

2 eggs

1 tablespoon aniseed

2 teaspoons anise extract

2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

GLAZE:

2 cups sugar

1 cup hot water

1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar

1 teaspoon anise extract

2-1/2 to 3 cups confectioners’ sugar

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each

addition Beat in aniseed and extract. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually

add to the creamed mixture Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle. On a

lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-in, cookie cutters

dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets, Bake 375 for 10-12 min or

until lighflybrowned. Remove to wire racks to cool. In a saucepan, combine sugar, water

and cream of tartar; bring to a boil over l&v heat. Cook and stir until a candy

thermometer reads 226 (thread stage). Cool to 110 (do not stir). Stir ifl extract and

enough confectioners’ sugar to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over cookies.

Yield: about 6 dozen.
    False
    I also wanted to make some anise cookies for Christmas. I found a recipe in a cookbook that is about 40 years old. Here it is.

Anise Cookies
    1 cup white sugar
    1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
    1 cup shortening
    2 eggs
    1 cup sour milk
    1 teaspoon soda
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    12 drops Anise oil or
    2 teaspoons Anise extract
    6 cups sifted flour

Cream shortening and sugars until light. Add eggs beaten well. Stir soda into milk. Add to above mixture and blend well. Add baking powder, salt, anise and half of flour. Mix well. Roll to about 1/8 inch thick, cut, bake on greased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 8 minutes or until brown. Cool, frost with powdered sugar frosting. (I would add some anise extract to the frosting)
    False
     Click for Jamestown, North Dakota Forecast
    False
     Click for Jamestown, North Dakota Forecast
    bump
    False