Sam's Club Prime Rib | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Sam's Club Prime Rib

Last post Dec 13, 2004 10:46 AM by Loolie . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • Sam's Club Prime Rib
    Has anyone ever tried the Sam's Club precooked prime rib? Looks good in the case, but have not tried it nor had a demo on it. I am thinking of doing that for Christmas Eve with my other appetizers and sweets.
    False
  • RE: Sam's Club Prime Rib
    I've not had the Sam's Club prime rib but I've had the precooked from Gordon's and it's wonderful. We've used the Gordon's ones for the last 4 years. Carol
    False

Carol

I know I've seen threads in the past where people on the BB have raved about Sam's prime rib.
    False
    Yes, I have used it several times and it is very good. In fact, that is what I am serving for Christmas dinner.
    False
    I have and we love it. I don't get the pre cooked one though. We have prime rib every few months, it's DH's favorite meal.
    False
    I've never seen this at Sam's. Will definitely have to look, as it's my DH favorite too. That would be a wonderful surprise for Christmas dinner.
    Kell
    False
    I was in a rush when I was at Sam's last week, I suppose it's real expensive, but probably worth it. I would try my own prime rib, but we always go to church on Christmas Eve at 3:30 and don't get home until about 5:30 and we want to eat right away, so there would be no one to watch it. My only thought was if the beef tasted like "warmed over" beef, which we really don't like. Is Gordon's a brand name or a grocery store of some type? Some of our grocery stores sell a complete precooked dinner like on Thanksgiving with all the trimmings.
    False
    I've bought it(the slices not the whole) several times and I don't care it. However, the reason I don't like it is because it's pre-cooked and I like my meat bloody red rare. Heating it up overcooks it for me, no matter how short a time I put it on the grill, and I can't eat it. DH on the other hand finds nothing wrong with it. He prefers his beef medium (but he'll enjoy it just as much if it's rare lol).
    False

Loolie put your prime rib in the oven before you go to church and let it cook while you're there. If you use an electric roaster you can put it on a timer. Been there and done that!

Gordon's is a wholesale grocery chain. Sells to restaurants, shools, orginizations and such. Also sell so individuals. I know that it's in Indiana and Michigan but I don't know where else. Carol
    False

Carol

I have not had this, but my daughter has .. and she said it is delicious .. and they are real meat eaters...
    False
    It is not over cooked, it goes from med rare to rare. It doesn't taste like warmed over beef, which, I do not like. Read the instructions and do as they say.
    False
    I have and I love it. I get the pre-cooked and sliced ones. I look for the rarest ones I can find. Then I just superheat the grill and pop one on.

Bonnie
    False
    I got down to Sam's Club last weekend and checked it out. The average price is about $50 and I could not tell at all from looking at them which was rare or what. The meat dept was just swamped so I couldn't talk to a butcher but I will probably do that a few days before Christmas if I decide to go that way. I am just waiting to see if Piggly Wiggly or Pik 's Save is having a meal deal in their ad this week where they do that potates, gravey, sides, etc. all for one price. I am not usually this lazy but have too much going on this year to worry about it.
    False