NEED TRIED AND TRUE NESCO COOKER RECIPES | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

NEED TRIED AND TRUE NESCO COOKER RECIPES

Last post Nov 05, 2007 6:36 AM by Alliea . 28 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (29 items) 12
  • NEED TRIED AND TRUE NESCO COOKER RECIPES
    i own two nesco cookers but have used them very little because i don't have any good recipes. i think i will try cubbybear's ham in it for thanksgiving and would like some good recipes so i can use these more. tried a roast in it but the steam escapes through the vent holes and it was drier than crockpot.
    False
  • RE: NEED TRIED AND TRUE NESCO COOKER RECIPES
    Bumping this up for you!
    Tria
    False
    Tria
    Sorry I can't help you but I am looking for something good too. I haven't had much luck with mine either!! Lnzpooper
    False

* Exported from MasterCook *

Nesco Beef and Pork Barbecue

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Soups and Stews

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 1/2 lbs beef stew meat -- cut into 1" pieces
    1 1/2 lbs pork loin -- cut into 1" pieces
    2 c chopped onion -- about 5 large onions
    2 c chopped green bell pepper -- about 5 large peppers
    1/2 c packed brown sugar
    2 tsps salt
    1 tsp dry mustard
    3 tsps chili powder -- or more to taste
    1/4 c vinegar
    2 tsps worcestershire sauce
    1 6-ounce can tomato paste

Combine all ingredients in Nesco.

Start at 350 for the first hour, but watch carefully and turn heat down if it starts to stick.

Reduce heat to 175 and cook for 7 to 9 hours.

False
    Several Nesco recipes here:

http://www.nesco.com/recipes/view.phtml?category=700

I use mine for hams, turkeys, chickens, etc.

Anne
    False
    Say less than you know, Own more than you show, Pay as you go, Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!
    anne, would you tell us how you cook your ham and turkey in yours? i have looked at the nesco website and found the recipes but would like some of yours since you have used it.
    False
    I own the Nesco 6 qt and use it all the time. I put heavy duty tin foil over the
    inside well and it works fine. I make all my roasts, ham, turkey breast, and swiss steak. You can turn down the temp and let meat cook longer. I just cookes two turkey breasts for a funeral dinner and the ladies said it was wonderful...they even called me to see how I cooked it. Just put it in the cooker @325 with tin foil and it was very moist!!

Dianne
    False
    dianne-please tell me exactly how you cooked the turkey breasts. i usually cook mine in the oven and they are dry. with two nesco's i would love it try one in it.
    False
    bump
    False
    I would like some recipes for the 4 quart nesco-I have but have NEVER used other than to steam clams. Thanks.
    False
    I am keeping an eye on this post, for 6qt. receipes, especially.
    False
    Dianne4 - are you saying that you cover (over) the well/top of the roaster, then put the lid on, of course?

I have always thought that the roaster cooked "faster" and do have trouble keeping things moist when roasting - even when slow cooking. I always just thought that it was due to the metal pan as opposed to the slow cooker (glass) interiors.
    Tria
    False
    Tria
    I have the big Nesco Roaster and have cooked my Thanksgiving turkey in it the past 4 years.I just follow the directions in the booklet that came with it [I stuff mine]and then after taking it out,I make my gravy with the drippoings but prefer to pour them into a stovetop pan.Have made it in the roaster though.This sure frees up your oven for the other goodies. Pat
    False
    I had a 6qt and used to make this often. I sold it cos I got tired of cleaning the cookwell. Now that so many have the non-stick interior I think I am going to get another.

Chicken Paprikash

6 chicken breasts
    1 pkg dry onion soup mix
    1 Tbsp paprika
    3/4 C. hot water with a Chicken bouillion cube dissolved in it
    3/4 C. sour cream
    1 tsp flour
    salt/pepper to your taste

Hot cooked noodles of your choice to put this recipe on when finished.

Pre-heat the Nesco to 400 degrees.
    Spray with Pam
    Put chicken breasts in the cookwell.
    Sprinkle on soup and paprika.
    Reduce the heat to 370 degrees, adding about 1/8 c. of water. Roast about 35-45 min. (depends on the size of the breasts) I cut my breasts in half and then it takes 30-35 min.
    Combine the broth, sour cream, flour, salt and pepper.
    Spoon over and around the chicken breasts.
    Reduce the heat to 275 degrees and cook another 10 min.

have noodles on a large serving platter and lay chicken pieces on the noodles and then spoon the sauce over.
    OR--put noodles on ind. plates and spoon out chicken pieces and sauce on top.
    False
    bump, I'm watching this post also, mine is still in the box from last year....blush.
    Cathy
    False
    Cathy "What Contemptible Scoundrel Stole The Cork From My Lunch" --- W.C. Fields