Betty Crocker vs. Duncan Hines(Frosting and Cake mix) | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Betty Crocker vs. Duncan Hines(Frosting and Cake mix)

Last post Oct 25, 2010 5:00 PM by nosyposy . 23 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 12
  • Betty Crocker vs. Duncan Hines(Frosting and Cake mix)
    Well since someone posted about Crawlin cake, I red a few posts and decided to ask this question.

Which do you prefer and why?

I prefer Duncan Hines, both cake mix and frosting. I think the cakes are moister(is that a word) and better tasting, and the frosting has better flavor and texture too. BC frosting, always has a weird synthetic taste to me, I just don't like it, doesn't matter the flavor, I always try it if it's on sale, but it's still the same. YUCK! No offense intended of course, JMHO.
    L
    False
    visit my shop: http://www.cafepress.com/ladybrinxdesign
  • RE: Betty Crocker vs. Duncan Hines(Frosting and Cake mix)
    I agree - Duncan Hines for both. I have found Duncan Hines cakes are moist and light. I usually make my own frosting - but occasionally I have used Duncan Hines frosting if I'm in a hurry - and it is the only one I will use.
    False
    I too prefer Duncan Hines. Not only are the cakes good, they have so many different flavors. Like CookieG, I usually make my own frosting but have used Ducan Hines in a pinch.
    False
    Duncan Hines French Vanilla cake is better than some I've made from scratch. I always make my own frosting though.
    False
    Duncan Hines here too!
    False
    Click for Cape Coral, Florida Forecast
    Here is another vote for Duncan Hines.
    False
    Here is another vote for Duncan Hines.
    False
    What is a good frosting recipe? ginny
    False
    Duncan Hines for me too. I really like their cakes and frostings and have used them for years. I've been able to get them on sale quite often also. Carol
    False

Carol

Definitely DH.

KY Kate
    False
    I agree with everyone else, Duncan Hines is the best!
    False
    I agree with everyone else dh is better imho of course. But, what about pillsbury?lol

Crystal
    False
    Wow! Duncan Hines should see this post, bet they could use if for a commercial! LOL!

I agree! Duncan Hines is the brand for me...

Dee
    False
    Duncan Hines here to. Their cakes ARE "moister" If you write it, it`s a word Ladybrinx lol. I think we all know what you mean even if it`s not a word. Who cares. :o)
    I can tell you what I DON`T like, is that whipped frosting. All you`re getting is air.
    And CookieG, I have tried to make my own frosting but every time I do it just tastes like powdered sugar. What am I doing wrong?
    False
    Hi Is Pillsbury still making cake mixes. I went on there web site and couldn't find cake mixes. I probably was in a rush and didn't see it. Does anyone know??
    Linda
    False