Looking for White Christmas Salad? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Looking for White Christmas Salad?

Last post Oct 07, 2006 9:46 AM by meadmilier . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Looking for White Christmas Salad?
    I remember a jello type white salad on this board a while back. I can't seem to find it in the search. Does anyone have it? I can't remember what was in it. I think it was called something like white christmas salad. Thanks for any help.
    False
  • RE: Looking for White Christmas Salad?
    Is this it?
    -------------------------------
    Posted by: Omatje_Calif Replies: 3 Posted on: 11/29/2004 12:12:20 PM
    #T444304

Christmas Snow

Ingredients
    2 cups Cool Whip
    3/4 cup sugar
    1 can crushed pineapple, drained
    2 large mashed bananas
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
    1/2 pint sour cream
    3/4 cup chopped pecans

Method
    Mix all ingredients in order. Place in a dish and freeze until ready to eat.

False
    Sounds excellent, but I don't think the one I saw was frozen. May have to try this one also. Thanks, tedebear
    False
    And another one......
    -----------------------------------
    Subject: Molded White Salad
    Posted by: monkeydoodle Replies: 0 Posted on: 11/2/2002 2:55:49 PM
    #T100330
    This salad is very pretty in a ring mold decorated with holly (made from gum drops). Also makes a nice snowman mold salad. In warm weather it is very refreshing decorated with fresh fruit of your choice.

2 packages unflavored gelatin
    1/2 cup sugaar
    2 cups pineapple juice
    3 tablespoons lemon juice
    1 teaspoon almond extract
    1 cup half and half or light cream
    1 cup whipping cream

In a medium saucepan, stir together the unflavored gelatin and sugar. Stir in the pineapple juice, lemon juice, and almond extract. Cook and stir the mixture over low heat till the gelatin dissolves. Chill the mixture in the refrigerator for about 1 hour or till cool.
    Stir in half and half. Chill till partially set (the consistency oof unbeaten egg whites).
    In a mixing bowl, beat cream till soft peaks form. Fold into gelatin mixture. Pour in a lightly greased 5 or 6 cup mold. Chill till set. Unmold onto a serving platter and garnish. Serves 6-8
    False
    This is one I posted a while ago..it's really delicious and so pretty...Nancy
    Hope this helps you out

White Jello
    2 Envelope Knox Gelatin
    2 8 oz cream cheese
    1 cup sugar
    2 cups milk
    2 tsp. vanilla
    2 tbl lemon juice
    1 8 oz cool whip

Dissolve gelatin in 1 cup boiling water. Set aside. Cream sugar and cream chees till fluffy and mix in all liquids (mild, vanilla & lemon juice) Add gelatin. Fold in cool whip. Pour in mold and chill till firm. Serves 10

She said it's really a lovely side dish and usually surrounds it with some fresh berries and mint leaves.
    False
    Yes, Yes!! I think these last 2 recipes are what I was looking for. Thank you so much. tedebear
    False
    tedebear395,I think this is the one you wanted.twinkle30 posted this at Thanksgiving and I made it and it is beatiful and very very good.

White Christmas Salad

1 package mini marshmallows
    1 can angel flake coconut
    21/2- pound can of pwars,coarsely chopped
    21/2-pound can chunk pineapple
    1 small carton sour cream

Mix ingredients well. Chill overnight or longer before serving.Whe and I agreed you should drain the fruit and I did but added a little back in.
    False
    False