Christmas Wreath Salad | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Christmas Wreath Salad

Last post Dec 21, 2004 12:09 PM by Argentina . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Christmas Wreath Salad
    I am in Argentina for a year and do not have my TOH cookbooks. The Christmas Wreath Salad was in the Dec/Jan 2002 magazine on page 35. Can anyone look it up for me?

Thanks
    False
  • RE: Christmas Wreath Salad
    bump - sounds interesting
    False
    Bump for Argentina!
    False
    Stimpy Click for Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin Forecast
    Argentina,
    you are fortunate, I have the magazine with me and I will type it
    False
    I was searching my recipe book and came across this magazine and remembered seeing the recipe
    Here it is ..the picture in the magazine looks very impressive

CHRISTMAS WREATH SALAD
    1 Package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
    1 cup boiling water
    1 can (20 ounces crushed pineapple
    1 cup plain yogurt
    1 cup chopped pecans, optional
    1/2 cup red maraschino cheries halved

Lettuce leaves and additional cherries, optional

In a bowl dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Refrigerate until partially set, about 30 minutes.
    Drain pineapple reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add enough cold water to juice to measure 1-3/4 cups; stir into gelatin mixture. Whisk in yogurt until smooth. Fold in nuts if desired cherries and reserved pineapple.
    pour into a 2-qt ring mold coated with nonstick cooking spray. Refrigerate until set. Unmould onto a lettuce -lined serving plate and garnish with additional cherries if desired.
    Yield:6 servings

Enjoy and merry christmas

False
    Thanks to those you replied and salsarose who sent rhe recipe. It will be shared with two other families on Christmas Eve who are joining together because they do not have family near by.

Enjoy your Christmas weather. This is the first day of summer for us and already the temp is 84. We will be in the pool on Christmas Day.

Merry Christmas,
    Agrentina
    False