Can I make brownies in my mini cupcake pan? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can I make brownies in my mini cupcake pan?

Last post Dec 22, 2004 1:40 PM by YBNormal . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Can I make brownies in my mini cupcake pan?
    I read on another post about making brownies in a mini cupcake pan and putting candy in them. I am wondering can I do this without the candy. Also should I use mini cake papers or just spray the pan really well before baking?
    False
  • RE: Can I make brownies in my mini cupcake pan?
    I would spray the pan very well, and watch them very closely because they won't take long to bake!
    False
    I made my regualr brownie mix last week & put it in my sprayed regualr size cupcake pan--they turned out fine - but remember the edges tend to cook first so you may want to cover with foil if you don't like tough edges...
    False
    Here is a recipe that I have not tried, but it will give you an idea of baking time and temp. It say to use the mini cupcake liners, but I think if you spray the pan good like MissEllie said, you will be fine. I think I pulled this recipe off of meals.com.

Mini Killer Brownies

1/4 cup dried apricots, diced
    1 tsp. whiskey
    6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1/4 cup flour
    1/4 tsp. baking powder
    1/8 tsp. salt
    2 eggs
    3/4 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 tsp. vanilla
    6 oz. white chocolate
    8 oz. pecans, chopped
    1/4 cup coconut, flaked
    1 package miniature cupcake wrappers

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Soak diced dried apricots in whiskey; set aside. Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler; set aside. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a small bowl. Beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla until thick and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the cooled chocolate. Add the flour mixture and the drained apricots, white chocolate, chopped pecans, and flaked coconut. Stir until just blended. Spoon into miniature cupcake wrappers and bake for about 10 minutes until the tops are crisp. Cool. Makes 10 servings.
    False
    I made brownies with mini peanut butter cups last night, using the mini muffin pan. I used shortening to grease the pan because I don't like what the spray does to the pans( almost puts a varnish on them that is really hard to clean off of pan ). Spraying them should work. I like to use the mini liners, which I thought I had, surprise, I didn't have any. You might need to loosen the tops around the edge before removing from the pan. If you do decide to put candy of some sort in them don't push all the way to the bottom of the pan, the candy will stick and make a big mess.

SIMPLE ANSWER : Yes spraying will work fine, but you may need to loosen around the muffin tops. ( I'm really not shouting above, just restating the long explaination above.) Happy Holidays.

YBNormal
    False
    I forgot to post I baked my at 350 for 12 to 14 minutes.

YBNormal
    False