Whipped Frosting Recipe like at Walmart | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Whipped Frosting Recipe like at Walmart

Last post May 01, 2011 7:42 AM by Alliea . 22 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 12
  • Whipped Frosting Recipe like at Walmart
    I'm looking for a whipped frosting recipe for frosting simular to the kind that Walmart uses and most of the local grocery stores use. I tried to purchase some from Walmart but they won't sell it. My local Giant store makes their own but they won't give up the secret recipe. Please help! Thanks!
    False
  • RE: Whipped Frosting Recipe like at Walmart
    Oh I know what you mean. Today I hunted down brownies with Christmas icing on them because they were so good at a get-together I went to. I'd love to know the recipe myself. Hope someone can help.
    False
    Bump
    False
    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal Love leaves precious Memories no one can steal God Bless our Troops and emergency workers.
    Our Sams has the big 5 gallon buckets they sell. I know you don't need that much, but could you get a couple friends like four others besides yourself and you each can get a gallon of icing. I don't see why you couldn't put it in smaller containers and freeze it.
    False
    Walmart's Whipped Buttercream Icing

2 cups butter

2 cups sifted powdered sugar

2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk

2 large egg whites

1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup powdered sugar

Place butter in mixing bowl, add 2 cups powdered sugar; mix at low speed to obtain smooth paste. Whip at medium speed, adding the condensed milk until light

and fluffy.

Using a very clean bowl and beater, whip the egg whites until stiff while adding the 1/2 cup powdered sugar slowly. Mix this slowly into the above butter

mixture. Add vanilla and remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar. This last amount of powdered sugar can be doubled if stiffer icing is desired.

False
    In loving memory of Suzy
    Wow Cubbybeyou have a recipe for everything! Thanks, I printed this one.

Debbie
    False
    Just remember, a cake frosted with this must be kept refrigerated. Cali
    False
    Msch: Where are you from? I noticed that you said your local Giant store. Are you near Bing. NY? If so, me too. Beth
    False
    I saw one recipe that called for a small container of cool whip stirred into a can of frosting. I used this on lemon cake, really good.
    False
    The icing at WalMart is called "BetterCream" made by Rich's foods. It is not a buttercream icing, but a whipped topping. It is a "non dairy" product. Sorry I don't have a recipe it comes in frozen in huge buckets.

Cherie in GA
    False
    OH, thanks for the recipe Cubby.
    I love love love that frosting.
    False
  • Re: RE: Whipped Frosting Recipe like at Walmart

I'vebeen searching for a buttercream frosting and decided to make this version.  It was absolutely awesome!!  I will probably not go back to my original frosting cause I thought it was a little too sweet.  With this recipe, there was just enough sweetness.  I went to a party over the weekend and iced some Halloween cookies with this frosting.  It was one of the first desserts to go that night.  Thanks for the recipe!!!

False
  • Re: Whipped Frosting Recipe like at Walmart

I really don't know what the whipped frosting is like at Wal-Mart but here is a recipe I submitted to Food.com (formerly recipezaar).  Maybe you will like it.

Lorraine

Whipped Frosting

About This Recipe

"When I was in physical therapy, I heard one of the therapists talking about her special frosting. Talking? She rhapsodized about it. It was so light and fluffy and delicious and ... perfect for any frosting job! Naturally I had to have the recipe for such perfection. She was most generous and gave it to me, and I've been thanking her ever since, and rhapsodizing, too. about her recipe. This is a wonderful frosting!"

Ingredients

• 1 (3 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
      • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
      • 1 cup milk ( should be cold)
      • 1 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip, thawed

Directions

1. Combine the pudding mix, powdered sugar and milk in a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed 1-2 minutes.
    2. Fold in the whipped topping. Spread on cake or cupcakes. This covers an angel cake or a dozen cupcakes. Makes enough for a 2-layer cake.  Keep this frosting refrigerated.

False

There may be different suppliers in different parts of the country, but I bought a 40 pound box of the icing mix.  You add water and whip it until it's the consistency you want.

False

Lorraine,

Like the idea of this recipe,no cool whip in this country,do you think using cream would get a similar result?

WattleParadise

False

Wattle Paradise