Minnesota Muncher Cookies | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Minnesota Muncher Cookies

Last post Aug 22, 2013 2:28 PM by CookinInIL . 21 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 12
  • Minnesota Muncher Cookies
    I am looking for the receipe for this cookie. It has pecans, tofee pieces, choco chips,etc. Thank you!
    False
  • RE: Minnesota Muncher Cookies
    These are the best!

Minnesota Munchers
    1 cup butter, softened
    1 1/2 cups brown sugar
    2 eggs
    2 teaspoons vanilla
    2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1 cup milk chocolate chips
    1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
    2/3 cup toffee bits
    1 cup pecans, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease two cookie sheets. In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture. Fold in milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet chips, toffee bits and pecans. Drop by tablespoons ono cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes in preheated oven. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then move to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 48 cookies.
    False
    bump until I get time to write it down!!

False
    These are so good. I made some and took them into my ds preschool teacher she asked for the recipe. She absolutely loved them. Everyone that tried them liked them.
    False
    These look really cute with the nestle Christmas shapes in them. You can sub different chips and even baking m and m's.
    False
    Does anyone know where they got this name for these cookies? I see them advertised in TOH but haven't ever made them. Just curious because I'm from Minnesota!

False
    To savorlife 2
    I found this in the COuntry store magazine "IT'S TRUE! We sifted through 34,000 entries in our national cookie recipe contest to find the one cookie that beat 'em all!
    And it's not just our opinion. Over 7,000 unbiased judges (folks who stopped in at our Visitor Center in Greendale, Wisconsin) helped us taste-test them, and finally chose "MMMMinnesota Munchers" by Marcia Severson of Hallock, Minnesota."

False
    bump
    False
    Wow....what an honor for Marcia Severson! I'll have to try them!
    Pat

False
    TOH has a cookie book with many of the other recipes that were submitted. At first I wasn't going to get it, but after borrowing a friends decided it has too many yummy recipes to pass up! The Minnesota Munchers won the Grand prize and the recipe was keep a secret and you could only buy the mix.
    False
    Photobucket
    Is this the real "secret" recipe or a copy cat version?

DeeKS
    False
    Make sure you add 1 tsp of cinnamon to that recipe to make them perfect! My belief is that with the cinnamon, this is the recipe, not just a copy cat recipe.
    False
    Thanks grammaNat!
    These are going on my list of cookies to make for the holidays.

DeeKS
    False
    I'm curious about this recipe...for one, I thought it was a "secret recipe"..??? After the contest...??? It sounds so very good...My other question is..is the baking powder the correct ingredient?? Usually these kind of cookies call for baking soda and not powder. I would love to make these and want to check on that ingredient first.
    False
    bump
    False