Help! I have beef sirloin tip steak - thin cut | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Help! I have beef sirloin tip steak - thin cut

Last post Feb 17, 2014 9:45 AM by gavingrma_OH . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • Help! I have beef sirloin tip steak - thin cut
    and have no idea what to make with it. Can you give me a good dinner idea for tonight? Thank you (in advance)
    Sue
    False
  • RE: Help! I have beef sirloin tip steak - thin cut
    SIMPLY ELEGANT STEAK & RICE

1-1/2 lb. steak
    1-1/2 T. oil
    2 large onions, sliced
    1-4oz. can mushrooms, drain & reserve
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1/2 c. water
    1-1/2 t. garlic salt
    3 c. cooked rice

Cut steak into thin strips; brown in oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add onions and saute until tender-crisp. Blend soup, water, liquid from mushrooms and garlic salt; pour over steak and onions. Put mushrooms on top; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Serve over cooked rice.
    This may also be baked for an hour at 350º.

False

I use it to make pepper steak.
    False
    Thank you maranne for the recipe and mar1950 for the idea. I am keeping the recipe to make next time because of all things I did not have any rice in the house. It sounds like something I would love. Thanks again both of you.
    Sue
    False
  • Re: RE: Help! I have beef sirloin tip steak - thin cut

IM NEW HERE... BUT I HAD TO COME BACK AND SAY THE RECIPE ABOVE FROM MARANNE WAS A LIFESAVER!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS! IT WAS EASY, AND AS A NEW COOK I WAS VERY HAPPY!

MY HUBBY ( THE MAIN COOK) AND PICKY KIDS ( THEY PREFER HIM TO COOK.... WITH GOOD REASON) JUST LOVED IT!

IT WAS VERY GOOD:) THANKS AGAIN!

ELIZABETH

False
  • Re: RE: Help! I have beef sirloin tip steak - thin cut

THIS DISH WAS AWSOME! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

maranne
    SIMPLY ELEGANT STEAK & RICE

1-1/2 lb. steak
    1-1/2 T. oil
    2 large onions, sliced
    1-4oz. can mushrooms, drain & reserve
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    1/2 c. water
    1-1/2 t. garlic salt
    3 c. cooked rice

Cut steak into thin strips; brown in oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add onions and saute until tender-crisp. Blend soup, water, liquid from mushrooms and garlic salt; pour over steak and onions. Put mushrooms on top; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Serve over cooked rice.
    This may also be baked for an hour at 350º.

False
  • Re: Help! I have beef sirloin tip steak - thin cut

too funny. exact reason i googled. hope you got a reply. had to register to comment.lol

False

I was recently thinking about Sue- . Hi Sue!

~A

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

Tried this for supper tonight!  I bought thin cut sirloin tip on sale and did not know what to do with it.  I found the grain and rolled the thin sheet of meat up jelly roll style so I could cut  thin strips across the grain.  I followed the instructions and the "elegant steak" turned out perfect.  I had found a good sale on meat so I purchased two packages.  I cut up the second package into strips, processed them with my food saver, froze them and I am ready to make another meal. All your ingredients are pantry staples. Very easy and very good.

False

Has anyone heard how Sue is doing?  She doesn't seem to post anymore.

Nice lady.

~Susan

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009

Hello Alliea, thanks for asking about me. It really has been a long time since I've posted here but I was looking for a recipe I had posted and saw your reply.  That was  very nice of you. 

I'm going pretty good and hope you are too.  I guess the biggest reason I stopped posting is I don't like all the changes that have taken place and there are even more since I "left".  I do miss a lot of the people from here though. 

Sue

False