Pie recipe using canned blueberry pie filling | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Pie recipe using canned blueberry pie filling

Last post Jan 28, 2005 3:13 PM by BritchesKs_F_60 . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • Pie recipe using canned blueberry pie filling
    Does anyone have a good recipe for a simple blueberry pie with canned filling. All of the recipes I have found call for either fresh or frozen blueberries and I don't know if I can use the canned as a substitute in the recipes or not. I have never attempted a blueberry pie before and wanted to bake one for the church dinner next weekend. Can anyone help me please? They don't want any custard type pies. Sandy
    False
  • RE: Pie recipe using canned blueberry pie filling
    Here's one I've made a few times.

BLUEBERRY SWIRL PIE

1 small pkg lemon jello
    1/2 cup boiling water
    1 21-oz. can blueberry pie filling
    1/2 cup sour cream

Dissolve jello in boiling water. Stir in pie filling. Chill till thickened. Pour into baked pie crust. Spoon sour cream by tablespoonfuls onto filling. Fold into filling, making swirls.

The crust recipe that goes with it:
    3/4 cup flour
    1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup chopped nuts
    2 Tbls. sugar

Combine melted margarine with other crust ingredients. Pat into ungreased 9-inch pie pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

You could probably just use a normal baked crust, but this is really crunchy and yummy.
    False
    Bump for later.
    False

"Disabled And Proud!" Both me and my only child are SSA Registered-Certified Disabled PWDs. I was born in the state of California, in the county of Santa Clara, in the city of San José. ***In every woman there is a Queen. Speak to the Queen and the Queen will answer. - Norwegian Proverb***

I'm wondering the same thing. I have a couple of cans of blueberry filling and have no clue as to what I should do with them. Maybe someone can help us out!
    False
    Look no further my friends this is the best pie ever and very simple!!!

Blueberry Strata Pie
    1/2 c. chopped pecans
    8 oz. cream cheese softened
    1 1/2 c. powdered sugar
    1 c. whipped topping
    1 3/4 c. blueberry pie filling

Bake empty deep dish shell according to package directions. You can also make a reg. just use half the indg. (I make my own crust). Sprinkle pecans on bottom. In med. bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy and add sugar beat until smooth. fold in whipped topping. Place 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture on top of pecans and top with 1/2 the can of pie filling and repeat for 2 layers. Chill at least 4 hrs. garnish with additional topping if desired.

Yields 8 pieces for a regular it makes 6

Hope you all like this as much as my family and friends do.

mltc
    False
    False
    Bump
    False
    Good grief this board moves fast! Thanks to all of you for your helpful replies. I do appreciate it! Sandy
    False