ISO: Football shaped appetizers or desserts | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Football shaped appetizers or desserts

Last post Jan 23, 2006 6:19 PM by DaisyDuke . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • ISO: Football shaped appetizers or desserts
    I would like to know how to search for football shaped appetizers or desserts. I typed in football but I only found sugar cookies in the shapes of footballs. We are going to a SuperBowl party and I would like to make a dessert or appetizer in a football shape. Any ideas??
    False
  • RE: ISO: Football shaped appetizers or desserts
    bump
    False
    It is a FOOTBALL-SHAPED Spread

Blend 4 packages of cream cheese (8ozs. each) and 2 packages HV original ranch party dip.

Stir in 1 3/4 cups diced red bell peppers.

Drain and dry 2 cans (2 1/4 ozs.dry wt. each) diced black olives and 1 can (4ozs.) diced green chilies. Add to mixture. Chill one
    hour.

Using a spatula, form a football shape on a platter. Chill 4 hours or overnight.

Decorate football using vegetable slices and cheese strips. Serve with assorted breads, crackers and vegetables.

BOLOGNA FOOTBALL

Don't dismiss this recipe. It sounds wild, but it's great, especially for a SUPER BOWL party, as it ends up looking like a big football & tastes good.

Buy a 5 to 6 pound bologna (don't
    wince...bologna? Just trust me!), uncut.
    Remove the casing & score the bologna
    lengthwise about four times, lightly.

Place in a roasting pan and bake 4 hours at
    250 degrees.

In the meantime make a sauce;
    combine
    1 small jar of currant jelly
    1 cup of chili sauce
    heavy dash Tabasco
    about 4 tablespoons prepared mustard

Heat over low heat, whisking until the jelly dissolves. To serve, place bologna on a large platter, surround with parsley, and cocktail bread. Serve sauce on the side.

One thing I've learned when serving this, it looks so different that the guests might not cut into it & make their own mini-sandwiches, so someone may have to guide them.

This comes from a non-lovin' bologna family, but it's great, easy, & serves a lot of people!

If any is left over, this makes make great sandwiches: either slice & fry & place on bread with your favorite dressing, or chop with pickles and mix with mayo!

by sandy
    False
    You are welcome to visit my blog...http://cherryblossomtable.blogspot.com/
    Thank you twinkle30 The bologna sounds so interesting that I might have to give it a try. Thanks Again Stacy

bump
    False
    If you would like to make a football shaped cake bake a square pan and a round pan. Cut the square cake from corner across to other corner. Put on each side of the round cake to make a football shape. Frost with chocolate frosting and pipe with white in the middle for the stitching.
    False
    Here's one more for you.

Cheesy Football from Kraft Foods

2 pkg. (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
    1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
    1/2 cup KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
    1/2 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
    1/4 cup chopped green onions
    1/4 tsp. black pepper
    1 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans

BEAT cheeses and dressing with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.

ADD onions and black pepper; mix well. Cover. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.

FORM into football shape; roll in pecans. Garnish with pimiento strips or roasted red pepper strips for the "lacing," if desired.

False
    You could cut meat and cheese slices in the shape of a football... Also, your bread slices. Of course, it would be easier if you have a football shaped cutter! Just a thought!
    False
    I just found a couple ideas on kraftfoods.com if anyone is interested. Thanks Stacy
    False
    Crab Football Spread:
    1 (8 oz.)pkg. cream cheese,softened
    2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
    1 cup shredded provolone cheese
    1 cup can crabmeat
    1 cup small curd cottage cheese
    2 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
    2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
    1 tsp. prepared mustard
    pretzel sticks
    In a large bowl,beat the cream cheese till smooth.Add the rest of the ingredients except the pretzels and mix well.Cover and chill overnight.Form into the shape of a football and arrange the pretzels over the top for the laces.Serve with crackers and or vegetables. Depo!!!
    False
    That sounds good Depo. Thanks Stacy
    False