How long would you cook Pork Tenderloin in the Crock Pot? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

How long would you cook Pork Tenderloin in the Crock Pot?

Last post Jul 04, 2014 6:57 PM by trinitymama . 12 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
  • How long would you cook Pork Tenderloin in the Crock Pot?
    I am wanting to make Pork Tenderloin tomorrow and I was wondering how long you would cook it for. I have two pieces both weighing slightly over a pound. Any thoughts???
    False
  • RE: How long would you cook Pork Tenderloin in the Crock Pot?
    This recipe uses 2 pork tenderloins and suggest cooking 7 - 9 hours on low after cutting them in half. Cooking on high would probably cut the cooking time in half. Hope this helps you.

Creole Pork Tenderloin

2 pork tenderloins, about 1 1/2 to 2 lbs total
    1/2 cup flour
    1 tbsp Creole seasoning
    1 small onion, coarsely chopped
    1 small green or red bell pepper, coarsely chopped (or a mixture of both)
    1 rib celery, sliced
    1 package chicken gravy mix
    1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained

Cut tenderloins in half; dredge in a mixture of flour and the Creole seasoning. Place tenderloins in slow cooker/Crock Pot. Scatter onion, pepper, and celery over the pork. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
    False
    I would never "waste" a pork tenderloin in the crockpot. They cook so wonderfully - in just a short time in the oven or on the grill. There are some great recipes on the BB. I just put teriyaki or an herb rub on it sometimes, if I'm in a hurry, use a meat thermometer and it is done in no time!
    Tria
    False
    Tria
    I don't really use a recipe when I make it but I know this is good - and quick.
    Tria

This is just fabulous and you can let it marinade for a couple of days if you like, no hurry. So, so good. The meat is so tender and juicy cooked hot and quick like this. I've made this recipe at least 6 times and it always turns out perfect.

Posted by: starshineeliz Posted on: 12/31/2003 1:54:04 PM
    #R2744238
    Cha Shao (Divine Pork Tenderloin)

4 T. soy sauce
    3 T. pale dry sherry (I used orange juice)
    3 T. hoisin sauce
    2 T. oil
    4 t. honey
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/2 t. salt
    3 drops red food coloring (I skipped this)
    2 pork tenderloins (1 1/2-2 pounds each)

Mix all ingredients except pork tenderloins in bowl. Mix well. Put
    tenderloins in glass baking dish. Pour marinade over all. Marinate 3 hours,
    turning
    every 30 minutes. (I marinate mine overnight with the same great results.)
    Remove
    meat from marinade. Put on rack in roasting pan. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
    Brush on all sides with marinade. Turn meat over and roast 15 minutes more. Cut into slices and
    serve with plum sauce and Chinese hot mustard.

Jaxon's note: I just mixed the marinade in a one gallon zip lock baggie and dropped the tenderloins in. No bowl to clean up! Then I just squished it around a bit every time I opened the fridge. Couldn't be easier.

False
    Tria
    I have to agree with Tria...I would never put a pork tenderloin in the crockpot...they cook fast and good in the oven or on the grill!

~~susie.
    False

Here's another vote for avoiding the crockpot when cooking a pork tenderloin. It's much too lean and tender to be putting in a crockpot for hours of cooking. In the oven it's done within a half hour, and very tender and moist.
    Dawn
    False
    The recipes sound great,but what is a good cut of pork to do in the crock pot? I like to use the crock pot in the summer,when it is hot,but I feel,that the food cooked on the stove or oven has more taste.?????
    Renate
    False
    Renate, I agree. I put my tougher cuts of meat in the CP and they become fork tender. I'm thinking that the requester just wants an idea of how long to cook the meat so that she doesn't have to keep an eye on it.

I use my CP all year round, but love it in the summer, AND when I just want to fix the main dish for supper, turn on the crock and run off to do errands and such. I've done tenderloin in the CP and no, it does not achieve the flavor of oven-roasting however, it still is tender and very tasty. And, I can leave the house to do other things. I've never wasted any meat in my CP. Not yet anyway. LOL
    False
    I use pork shoulder or pork butt when I make my barbecue pork in the crock pot. Cook the meat first, then bone and defat it - putting it back in the crock pot with the barbecue sauce. However you can also cook a fresh pork ham in the crockpot. I don't even use a pork loin in the crock pot as - I feel it is too lean and the meat does not do as well.
    Tria
    False
    Tria
    I make Star's Divine Pork Tenderloin and wrap it in bacon before I bake it! WOW!!! It is to die for!
    :)
    Ellen
    False
    Poor original poster -- all she wanted to know was how long to cook a tenderloin in the CP. You Experts obviously steered her in the right direction. She's not been back since. Sheesh.
    False

I woud agree but sometimes there is a need to use a Crock Pot.    When making tacos (and I am not home to make them) simply season well with Mexican Spices TWO pork tenderloins, 2 lbs approximately,  (I prefer pork butt  however I have people that don't like the fat in the butt) in a Crock Pot and cook on low for 7-9 hours.   Simply delicious and beyond EASY!    There are exceptions to all rules and this is the exception.     Use a Crock Pot! 

*no not add water as the pork usually adds it own juices.  If needed with tenderloins add a small amount as needed.    

Good luck~     

False

Amen! I am here for the same question, and reading through this long echo of replies has been frustrating! Reminds me of elementary school :)

False