Can cooked pasta be frozen successfully? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Can cooked pasta be frozen successfully?

Last post Jun 15, 2010 5:11 PM by Motorhomegal . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Can cooked pasta be frozen successfully?
    Just curious!
    False
  • RE: Can cooked pasta be frozen successfully?
    I read on another thread that it can. I think it said she just zaps it in the microwave. I've not tried it myself.
    Kim
    False
    My mom has done it and it's not quite as good, a bit "off" but hard to describe it, more in texture than taste.

Jill
    False
    I've not frozen pasta by itself, but I have frozen it with left-over sauce and it works just fine!

~~susie.
    False

If I fix too much spaghetti, I freeze it in a baggie, thaw it out and reheat it in boiling water. I never noticed any change in it. I always toss it with a little canola oil.

Kathy
    False
    I went to a cooking class which was taught by a master chef and he said ALL restaurants, especially Italian ones, freeze their pasta, then toss it in boiling water for a couple minutes. I have done it mostly with elbow and other shaped pasta, not much with spaghetti - but I guess it would work too.
    False
    Thank you for your reply. I have prepared a couple of meals that were more than my husband and I could eat and didn't want the food to go to waste. Sharlene
    False
  • Re: RE: Can cooked pasta be frozen successfully?

I do it all the time.  If I'm not freezing left overs, but specifically cooking for the freezer, I cook the pasta a bit less than al dente for doneness.  This way when I heat it up, it cooks to the right consistency because of the water released during cooking. 

I freeze spaghetti, macaroni and cheese, lasagna and more, all partially cooked and ready to pop into the oven.

Stacey

False
  • Re: RE: Can cooked pasta be frozen successfully?

Haven't you ever look in the frozen food section at all the selections that contain PASTA ????

No magic in that.

False

Marilyn