OT:How do I get two glasses apart that are stuck together? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

OT:How do I get two glasses apart that are stuck together?

Last post Mar 08, 2005 7:03 PM by cinnamama . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • OT:How do I get two glasses apart that are stuck together?
    I bought some new drinking glasses today at WalMart. The checker stuck one inside the other and now I can't get them apart. I don't want to have to return them but I am also afraid of getting cut.

Debbie
    False
  • RE: OT:How do I get two glasses apart that are stuck together?
    Set the bottom one in hot water, and fill the top one with cold water.

The hot water makes the bottom one expand and the cold water makes the top one contract.

I hope this is right. Anyone else???

Kathy
    False
    Fill sink with cold water and lay them, it will cause glass to contract and separate without breaking
    False

Cool

Thanks, going to go try this.

Debbie
    False
    Well, I tried both ways and they are still stuck!!

Debbie
    False
    Fill the top one with ICE CUBES and really cold water (just cold tap water won't work), then put the bottom one in really hot water (not boiling because it might break the glass, but as hot as you can get it from the tap. That always works for me. Kathy is right, but maybe the water you used wasn't cold (or hot) enough??

Judyfish
    False
    If kitchen glasses are stuck together, fill the top glass with icy cold water and dip just the bottom glass in hot water. The inner glass that is stuck inside must NOT touch the warm or hot water at all or the inner glass will not contract.
    False

Cool

Sorry Deb,
    But, this is one more reason why I don't shop at Wal-Mart.
    Talk to you soon.
    KathyLu
    False
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us." Marianne Williamson http://www.wherearethecows.webs.com/
    WD40?? Sounds silly but it might work
    False
    If it doesn't work- take them back. I love Walmart because they take back anything for any reason.
    False
    Thanks everyone. I'll bet the water wasn't cold enough. My dh thought he could get them apart and couldn't either. Will try again.

Debbie
    False