Taco John's sauce?? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Taco John's sauce??

Last post Sep 23, 2013 10:24 AM by Groovy72 . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Taco John's sauce??
    Does anyone have the recipe for Taco John's sauce that they use on Taco Salads? They might refer to it as their house sauce. My sis is addicted to it.
    False
    golfmum4u__nd
  • RE: Taco John's sauce??
    False
    This is the whole recipe. I have made it lots of times and I must say it is very, very good.

Posted by: M_Wolverine Posted on: 1/21/2003 1:56:55 PM
    #R1035645
    A bar in my town serves a taco salad to die for, but only one day a week. And then only in the summer when tomatoes are cheap and fresh. Every body around jones for them all winter. Well lucky me I made friends with a cook that was fired from there and she was more than happy to give me the recipe.
    They brown ground beef with commercial taco seasoning and top it with chopped lettuce,tomato,onion, and finely crumbled Doritos Nacho Cheese Chips. This is covered with shredded Monterray Jack cheese and here's the kicker. They make a sauce of equal parts enchilada sauce and Catalina dressing. Believe me these are wonderful!
    False
    I have made John's recipe quite often and everyone loves it.

Toni
    False
    Thanks for the taco salad idea. And for the sauce recipe.
    False
    golfmum4u__nd
    I have been looking for the Taco John's hot (red) sauce recipe and it looks like it was posted here at one point but has since been removed. I would love it if anyone has this recipe or one for Taco Via salsa as I do not live close to either of these restaurants. Thanks so much and have a great day!
    False