Black Forest Cake | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Black Forest Cake

Last post Feb 04, 2007 11:09 AM by dutchmom4MI . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Black Forest Cake
    Sometime ago, I ran across a black forest cake that started with a basic chocolate cake mix. Can anyone help me with a simple black forest cake? I believe it may have even called for cream cheese as filling in addition to the cherries but I'm not sure. Thanks!
    False
  • RE: Black Forest Cake
    I have a recipe for an easy Black Forest Cake that I make all the time.

EASY BLACK FOREST CAKE

1 pkg. (2 layer size) fudge cake mix
    1 pkg.(3 oz.) cherry jello
    3/4 cup boiling water
    1/2 cup cold water
    1 pkg. (4-1/2 oz.) instant chocolate pudding mix
    2 envelopes whipped topping mix (Dreamwhip)
    1-1/4 cups cold milk
    1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling

Prepare cake mix according to pkg. directions. Bake in two 9-in. round pans. Let cool 5 min. Remove from pans & place on separate plates, flat sides up. Dissolve jello in 3/4 cup boiling water, then stir in 1/2 cup cold water. With tines of fork, prick holes in tops of layers and very slowly pour jello over warm cake. Cover & chill about 2 hrs.

Combine pudding mix, topping mix & milk. Beat at med. speed until stiff, about 2 min. Using about 1 cup pudding mixture, make a ring 1/2" high and 1 inch wide around bottom layer. Fill center of pudding ring with cherry pie filling, using about 1/2 the can. Using spatulas, carefully lift second layer & place flat side down, atop cherry filling. Make another pudding ring on top layer & fill the center of it with remaining mixture. Frost sides with remaining mixture. Chill at least 1 hrour. Makes 14 servings. Refrigerate any leftovers.

NOTES: This is a very good cake and versatile too. You can make different kinds of cake and use diffent jello and pudding according to your taste.
    False

Black Forest Bowl
    1 chocolate cake baked in 13X9 inch
    pan according to directions on
    box
    19 ounce can of cherry pie filling
    1 1/2 cups whipping cream
    4 tsp sugar
    1 tsp vanilla
    In mixer whip cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.

Bake cake as directed on box. when cool cut cake into chunks of various sizes. Partly fill glass bowl with chunks of chocolate cake. spoon half cherry pie filling over top. put half whipped cream. Layer last of the chocolate cake chunks, cherry pie filling then whipped cream. Garnish with shaved chocolate and cherries. Chill.

This is a very easy dessert and tastes much similar to a black forest cake. It is also an impressive dessert, that people always ask for the recipe.

I will sometimes double the amount of cherry pie filling and whipping cream, just to get a little more taste.

False

,·´º o`·,/__/ _/\_ //____/\
    ```)¨(´´´    l±±±±
    ¸,.-·²°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°²·-. :º°

Hello and welcome to the group..... Get comfy and have a look around, feel free to join in anywhere and have some fun with us.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Hope you enjoy your time here ... See ya on the boards.. !! ☺

Hugs to you! Waving from Oklahoma......

♥LindaChicken

Here are 2 links that I hope you will use. They will take you directly to interesting and useful information to make your BB experience easier and you'll get better results with your searching, requesting, posting, everything!

Have fun and come back soon!

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=206197&catnum=68&headnum=2

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=187022&catnum=68&headnum=2

I have a wonderful cake recipe I'll post for you!

False

Photobucket

Posted by: lindachicken__Oklahoma Posted on: 12/20/2004 2:41:45 PM
    #R4899855

It just doesn't get any better or easier then this -- you can make it look like you spent hours in the kitchen -- curl some chocolate on top and you look like a pro :).

Quick/easy....Black Forest Cake

(Makes 1 - 9 x 13 inch pan)

I used a bundt pan, cooked it at 350° for about 50 minutes.

1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix w/pudding
    3 eggs
    1 tablespoon almond extract
    1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
    1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
    1 tablespoon butter
    2 tablespoons milk
    1/2 cup confectioners' sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Mix together: cake mix, beaten eggs, almond extract, cherry pie filling
    and 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips. Stir until just combined. Pour batter into a greased 9x13 inch pan.

Bake in a 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 45 to 50 minutes or
    until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove cake from oven and let cool.

To Make Glaze: Heat 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, butter or
    margarine, and milk in a saucepan over medium high heat. Once semisweet
    chocolate chips are melted and mixture is combined stir in confectioners sugar.

Spread glaze over cooled cake. Serve cake as is or with whipped cream and a cherry.

♥LindaChicken
    False

Photobucket

I forgot to ask you, did you check the search box to the upper left? There are LOTS of them to choose from. Just type in Black Forest Cake and you will find one that you like for sure! Welcome to the BB!
    False
    bump for J9axe
    False