What to do with leftover Pork Loin | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What to do with leftover Pork Loin

Last post Mar 19, 2005 6:37 PM by casf_or_Carol_IN . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • What to do with leftover Pork Loin
    We are having a pork loin grilled out side. The next day we will have fried rice. then I need some suggestions for the rest of it.Pretty please?
    False
  • RE: What to do with leftover Pork Loin
    Throw some bbq sauce on it and make delicious sandwiches!
    ~Teri
    False

Slice some up, put it in a fry pan with applesauce and warm it up briefly...easy!

False

like someone else said bbq.
    False
    Last week I cut some into small chunks, made a gravy with a can of cream of mushroom and a can of golden mushroom soup. Added the meat and then put dumplings on top and we had a feast. -Linda
    False

"Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book." ~Author Unknown

Thank a bunch ya'll. These will give me some more way to use up the leftovers. Can't waste anything now a days.
    False
    You'd be surprised at how good a hot pork sandwich tastes with pork gravy. Marlene
    False
    I had the sam eprobelm w/ pork chops - here is my solution!
    Good Luck! Ginny

Posted by: imadisneymom Replies: 3 Posted on: 1/9/2005 12:37:32 AM
    #T460194
    For any of you that are interested - the never-ending pork chops were the star ingredient of a layered enchilada dish and the still aren't gone! We had them for dinner fri night and lunch today. and there is enough to make one more lunch. I guess that I really got my $$ worth out of them!!LOL!!

Here is the recipe:

Layered Enchiladas

1.5 leftover pork chops (LOL) or 4 cooked BS chicken breasts chopped or shredded
    1can cr of chicken soup or NEW chicken verde soup
    16oz sour cream
    4 oz cream cheese
    flour tortillas
    shredded cheese.

Preheat oven to 325*. place first 5 ingredients into saucepan and heat through.
    spray bottomof 9x13 pan w/ PAM. cover bottom of pan w/ tortillas, tearing to fit.
    Cover w/ 1/2 of meat mixture, then place layer of cheese.
    Repeat, ending with cheese layer.
    place inoven until heated through and cheese melted, approx 20-30 min.
    Serve with salad.

False
    Just when the Caterpillar thought her world was over ............ She became a Butterfly I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. - Jessica Rabbit
    I forgot to add that if you use the plain cr of chicken soup you might want to add green chiles a 4oz can is what I use!

Ginny
    False
    Just when the Caterpillar thought her world was over ............ She became a Butterfly I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. - Jessica Rabbit
    This is one of the ways I use up cooked pork and the other is to make pork fried rice.

SWEET AND SOUR PORK

1# Boneless Pork cubes
    15 1/4 oz can Pineapple Chunks
    1/2 C Brown Sugar
    1/4 c Vinegar
    2 T Catsup
    2 T Soy Sauce
    1 Clove Garlic, Minced
    1 Onion, cut in wedges
    2 T Com Starch
    1/2 C Green Pepper Pieces

Heat meat (I used left over pork roast) and next 7 ingredients. Bring to boil, simmer 10 minutes or until done. Mix cornstarch and 2 T water until smooth; add to pork with green pepper. Bring to boil, stirring constantly boil 2 minutes. Serve over cooked rice.
    False
    I'm a BBQ maker with left over pork. Have also shredded it and warmed it with salsa to make tacos. It's good cut into small cubes and used in a chef's salad. Like cold pork sandwiches also. Carol
    False

Carol