ISO: Recipe from Mayberry Cookbook | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Recipe from Mayberry Cookbook

Last post Mar 23, 2005 10:54 AM by fudgepop . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • ISO: Recipe from Mayberry Cookbook
    for double chocolate cheesecake.
    Can anyone help???
    False
  • RE: ISO: Recipe from Mayberry Cookbook
    False

Beach Bum are you sure the name of your cheesecake is right? I looked in both of my cookbooks, I have Aunt Bee's delightful desserts, and Aunt Bee's Mayberry cookbook and could not find a listing for it. I did find a recipes called Citizen's Arrest Chocolate Cheesecake and Thelma Lou's Very Chocolate Cheesecake. If you are interested in these recipes let me know and I will post them for you.
    amy
    False
    Fudgepop,
    Yes! THank you!! If you would post both of them I would appreciate it.
    The cheesecake is for my DSD. She just said that her favorite was the double chocolate out of the Mayberry cookbook.
    False
    bump
    False
    For Beach Bum here they are, hope one of these is what you are needing.

Thelma Lou's Very Chocolate Cheesecake

12 oz. choc. wafer, crushed
    3/4cup unsalted butter, melted
    32 oz. cream cheese, softened
    1 tst. vanilla extract
    1 cup sugar
    8oz. semisweet chocolate, melted
    3 large eggs
    1 cup sour cream

Combine crushed wafers and melted butter, press into 9 in. springform pan. Set aside. Cream the cream cheese until smooth, then add the vanilla and sugar and beat well. Then add chocolate and beat until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add sour cream and beat until smooth. Pour filling over crust and smooth. Bake in 375* oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and let cheesecake stand for several hours or overnight. Leave in pan and refrigerate until cold. Then top with icing.

Icing

1/8 cup unsalted butter, melted
    3 oz. semisweet chocolate, melted
    1 tb. water
    1/2 tsp. vanilla, extract
    1/3cup confectioners' sugar
    Strawberries for garnish
    In top of double boiler melt butter and chocolate. Add water and vanilla and stir until blended. Add sugar and whisk until smooth. Pour over cooled cheesecake and refrigerate. Garnish with strawberries if desired.
    Robert Shockley and Lynne Prettyman-Salisbury, Maryland

Citizen's Arrest Chocolate Cheesecake

Crust:
    1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
    1/3 cup sugar
    1/3 cup butter or margarine
    Filling:
    16 oz. cream cheese, softened
    1 1/4 cup sugar
    1/3 cup hersheys cocoa
    1 tsp. vanilla
    2 eggs
    Topping:
    1 cup sour cream
    2 tbs. sugar
    1 tsp. vanill extract

Combine crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press into bottom of 9 in. springform pan. Set aside. Blend cream cheese with sugar, cocoa, and vanilla. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Pour into crust and bake at 375* for 35 minutes. Remove from oven immediately. For topping combine sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread over top. Cool. Chill for several hours or overnight.
    Melanie Corgill-Raleigh, North Carolina

False
    Beach Bum I have not tried either of these recipes. One seems to be a little simpler than the other. With either it would probably be best made the day before you want to serve it. Maybe one of these will do the trick for you. Please post which one you tried and if it was any good. Then I may make one for my family.
    amy
    False
    Amy,
    I found out it is Thelma Lou's Very Chocolate Cheesecake. I will bake this one next month, her birthday is in April. I'll be sure to post the review as soon as I make it.
    Doesn't both recipes sound delicious??
    I'm sure as well as my DH loves cheesecakes, I'll do both before long!
    Thanks very much!

Daryl
    False
    Beach Bum you are very welcome and good luck with it.
    amy
    False