Do You Have Any 5 Ingredients (or less) Recipes.... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Do You Have Any 5 Ingredients (or less) Recipes....

Last post Dec 19, 2013 4:48 PM by Nindsy . 53 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 4 (54 items) 1234
  • Do You Have Any 5 Ingredients (or less) Recipes....
    that you could share? We are buying a 5th wheel and I need some easy (but good) recipes that I can take on the road with us. TIA
    False
  • RE: Do You Have Any 5 Ingredients (or less) Recipes....
    Welcome to the world of camping! We have a 27 foot travel trailer, and love it!

My recommendation is to purchase an electric skillet and quesadilla maker for your camper. Cooking is much quicker and you can do it outside with these two small appliances instead of being inside cooking while others are outside.

For a quick dinner I cube boneless, skinless chicken breasts and saute in about 1-2 tablespoons of oil until done. Add a packet of taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water and cook until water is just about evaporated and the chicken is seasoned. Using the quesadilla maker, layer your flour tortillas (10" tortillas work best for me) with shredded mexican cheese blend, chicken, and sliced green onions. Top with the second tortilla and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Viola! They're done! Serve with sour cream and salsa on the side. Enjoy!
    False
    Just one more note....

We use our quesadilla maker in the morning, also, filling the quesadillas with scrambled egg, sausage or ham, and cheese. Great portable breakfast!
    False
    Bumped up a thread of Pillsbury 5 Ingredients or Less for you!

I use my crockpot a lot when camping!

Anne
    False
    Say less than you know, Own more than you show, Pay as you go, Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!
    Thanks ckelgo. I'll check in to both appliances. You made me hungry! LOL

Do you live in your camper?
    False
    Thank you Anne. I appreciate that.

Crockpot? Now there's an idea.
    False
    KTLee....no we don't live in it, but we do take one large (3-4 weeks) trip per summer and then the rest of the year we leave it set up at Lake of the Ozarks so we can come and go as we please....it's only about 3 hours from our house. We end up spending quite a bit of time there throughout the year, and I got tired of everyone being outside having fun and I was stuck inside cooking! Any small appliance that you can use outside helps you to join in the fun! Just about anything I can cook inside on the stove, I can cook outside in the electric skillet. Hope this helps, and happy camping!

Kelly
    False
    KTLee - I am at work right now but when I get home I will post some. I have a 5 or less cookbook some are T&T, some not. What types of things would you want or not want??? I'll post for you tonight.
    False
    ckelgo... Sounds like a whole lot of fun.

We will be living in our camper util we find property to build again which could take some time. We're in no hurry. We want to escape the winters though, that is our goal. So, we are looking at Nevada, Arizona or New Mexico.

I once had an electric skillet and I really liked it. Yes, you have got my brain to working! Thank you. Same to you Kelly. :o)

False
    There are lots of good posts on this subject. If you type the following topics into the search engine, you should get lots:

5 ingredient or less
    fast and frugal
    ramen noodles
    quick & easy
    kid friendly, etc.

Good luck!
    False
    luci, how nice of you. Thank you.

Well, let's see.. I like to cook from scratch (no packaged ingreds) and I appreciate low-fat, heart-healthy foods. That's not to say I don't like a treat now and again, but for the most part I try to eat well. I'm about 80% healthy, 20% junk foods. LOL

I'll check back tonight.
    False
    Thanks C-Heart. I'll do that. :o)
    False
    Just wanted to throw in Southern Texas as a possible final destination.We have only visited but find San Antonio a wonderful place and prices very reasonable.Have a DD who has lived in Houston [higher priced area though]for several years and loves it.Weather is always warmer then here in Tennessee and ours is fairly moderate. Pat
    False
    We like Texas. We drove through it a couple of years ago on our way to Yuma, AZ. Since we'll be on the road anyway, might as well check out the places you suggested. Thank you! ozzie.
    False
    Here is a post that also has 3 more links to other posts:

http://bbs.reimanpub.com/bulletinboard.asp?view=reply&threadnum=445746&catnum=68&headnum=2
    False