ISO: Soda Cracker Caramel Bars | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: Soda Cracker Caramel Bars

Last post Dec 27, 2006 11:54 AM by meadmilier . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • ISO: Soda Cracker Caramel Bars
    Had the choir party last night and someone brought a dessert that was outstanding. I think it was made with a soda cracker base (but they didn't seem like crumbs), caramel, chocolate, nuts...

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
    False
  • RE: ISO: Soda Cracker Caramel Bars
    when I put soda cracker carmel bars in the search engine to the left this came up beside 3 other posts.

Subject: Peanut Lovers Dream Bars
    Posted by: Maddymoo Replies: 0 Posted on: 1/30/2003 9:46:23 AM
    #T134742
    2 cups graham cracker crumbs
    1/4 cup sugar
    6 tablespoons butter, melted
    1 bag DOVE® Chocolate Hearts, melted
    2 cups SNICKERS® Brand Miniatures, chopped
    1 1/4 cups flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 cup melted caramel squares (available in the candy aisle of a grocery store or use caramel ice cream topping)
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1 egg
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla

To make graham cracker crust, toss together the first 3 ingredients and press into bottom of 12-inch x 8-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes or until firm.
    Spread DOVE® over graham cracker crust, sprinkle with half of the chopped SNICKERS.
    Let set in refrigerator for about 15 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
    To make peanut butter cookie layer, cream last 6 ingredients together in a mixer. Add flour and baking soda. Spread over chocolate-SNICKERS® layer and bake an additional 20-25 minutes or until light brown.
    Drizzle caramel on top and scatter remaining SNICKERS®, pressing to adhere to caramel.
    Makes 1 dozen bars.

False
    This was posted by Oodles in November....

Soda Cracker Toffee

40 saltine cracker squares
    1 c. margarine (or butter)
    1 c. brown sugar
    12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1/2 . ground nuts (optional)

Grease cookie sheet that has sides. Place crackers on sheet. Mix sugar and margarine in saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, boil 3 minutes. Spread over crackers and bake at 375 for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips, let stand for a few minutes then spread with knife. Sprinkle with nuts. Allow to cool. Store in air tight containers
    False
    Enjoynature PA - thanks for your recipe. Not quite what I was looking for, but I think, Sisamnesia, you hit it on the head for me. Can't wait to try these. Sound great.
    False
    This is an interesting recipe that has zillions of different names.

Chocolate Salted Soda Crackers

Salted soda crackers
    1/2 cup butter
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 package mini-chocolate chips
    Slivered almonds, chopped pecans, mini-candy coated chocolates

Preheat oven to 350°. Completely cover a baking sheet with salted soda crackers.

In a saucepan, melt the butter and sugar. Pour melted mixture over the salted soda crackers, try to cover all of them. Bake crackers for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and pour chocolate chips over the crackers immediately. Let sit about 5 minutes, until chips have softened. Spread the softened chips completely over the crackers and sprinkle with whatever topping you like. Place in refrigerator until cool. Break into pieces and enjoy.

False

Here are the different names I have heard:

Toffee Bars
    Chocolate Crackers Bars
    Cracker Candy
    Saltine Brittle
    Soda Cracker Bars
    Sweet Treats
    Heath Bar Cookies
    Saltine Cracker Cookie Bars
    Soda Cracker Toffee