what can i do with leftover macaroni and cheese??? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

what can i do with leftover macaroni and cheese???

Last post Apr 12, 2005 9:28 PM by Beach_Eagle . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • what can i do with leftover macaroni and cheese???
    im sure this topic has come up before, and i tried the search, but i didnt really come up with anything. ive got leftover kraft macaroni and cheese in the fridge and want to use it up. any ideas for me? thanks so much in advance!!

-angel
    False
  • RE: what can i do with leftover macaroni and cheese???
    Stir a couple cans of Chili (or home made) into it to make a great Chili-Mac. Or toss it with some steamed broccoli and diced ham. Add some cooked, crumbled ground beef and salsa to it for a Mexican style lunch or dinner.

John
    False

John

John

“Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, where His Glory forever I'll share.”
    Leftover Mac & Cheese? That would never happen in my house! My ds is 11 and would get up at midnight and eat it if he knew it was there! It's his 1st choice on the "make it" list.

Add a can of cream of mushroom soup, and a can of tuna for tuna mac.

Add your favorite macaroni salad ingredients and serve it chilled.

Put it in the soup pot and add your favorite soup ingredients.

Also, what John said... chili mac is our favorite!

Enjoy,
    Cherie in GA
    False
    great ideas...thanks so much John and Cherie!! the reason we have leftover mac and cheese is cuz we have all girls in the family. ive got no brothers, just 4 sisters. only my two little sisters and my dad will eat plain mac and cheese. the rest of us might eat it if i make it into a main dish. thats my mission for tonight!! :)

-angel
    False
    You could also mix ham and diced onions (if they will eat onions)into it for a good casserole. If not, just ham is good; you could add chopped broccoli if they'll eat it for a whole meal in a casserole too.

Amy
    False

I like to make what we call "Rabbit Pie". I really don't know how it got that name, but this is how we make it:

Brown about a pound of ground beef with some onion, salt and pepper. Mix in a can of cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken soup and pour into a 9x13 casserole. Make a small quantity of white sauce, add some cheese and stir in the leftover macaroni and cheese. Pour over the top of the ground beef mixture and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
    False
    geesh, if I had a longer attention span, I'd realize that John had already mentioned the ham/onion thing, wouldn't I? LOL, I need more sleep, I suppose!

Amy
    False

Dh and I LOVE this recipe.

Taco Bake
    prep: 15 min
    cook: 20 min

1 pkg (14oz) Kraft Deluxe Marcaroni & Cheese Dinner
    1 lb ground beef (I used chuck)
    1 pkg (1-1/4 oz) taco seasoning mix
    3/4 cup Breakstone's Sour Cream
    1-1/2 cups Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
    1 cup salsa

1. Prepare Dinner as directed on package. Brown meat in skillet; drain. Add taco seasoning mix and 3/4 cup water to meat; simmer 5 min.

2. Stir in sour cream into prepared Dinner. Spoon half of the Dinner mixture into 2 qt baking dish; top with layers of the meat mixture, 1 cup of cheese and remaining Dinner mixture. Cover.

3. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 min. Top with salsa and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 more min.

Makes 6 servings

I did add diced onion, green pepper and celery when I browned my meat.

Kathy
    False
    I also have a taco bake, but different than the one already posted

Leftover mac and cheese
    small can tomato sauce
    taco seasoned hamburger
    cheddar cheese

Use what ya got, mix it, top with more cheddar cheese bake till cheese melts/warmed through at 350F, eat and enjoy. :)
    False
    I just copied this recipe from the Good Eats section of foodnetwork.com. Sounds pretty good.

Next Day Mac 'n Cheese Toasts

Leftover baked macaroni and cheese, refrigerated for at least overnight
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon pepper
    1 teaspoon cayenne
    1 egg beaten with 2 ounces water
    1 cup panko bread crumbs
    Oil for deep frying, preheated to 375 degrees

Cut refrigerated macaroni and cheese into slices or bite size pieces.
    Season the flour with salt, pepper and cayenne. Dredge each piece through the flour and gently tap off excess. Dip in the egg wash and then coat with the bread crumbs. Allow them to rest for 5 minutes so the crust can set. Very carefully drop into the oil and fry until golden brown. Remove to a baking sheet fitted with a rack and rest for 2 minutes before serving.

False
    Make it into Macaroni Salad. Just add chopped veggies like radishes, green onions, celery, etc. and add mayo and season to taste. It's great!
    False
    My kids won't eat mac n cheese warmed up so I add it to a prepared can of tomato soup.
    False