Does anyone know how many cups are in a box of powdered milk? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Does anyone know how many cups are in a box of powdered milk?

Last post Dec 26, 2011 9:14 PM by lynnda2 . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Does anyone know how many cups are in a box of powdered milk?
    I'd like to know how many cups of powder are in the box of powdered milk that makes 8 quarts. That's how much I need to make my hot chocolate mix. Aldi's has the best buy on powdered milk...only the box makes 20-something quarts. It's huge! I need to know how many cups to measure out to make the mix. TIA!
    False
  • RE: Does anyone know how many cups are in a box of powdered milk?
    Well, there are 4 cups in 1 quart, so 4 cups x 8 quarts is 32 cups. However, the box I have says 1/3 cup of powdered milk to 1 cup of water to make an 8 oz. glass. To make 1 quart, mix 1 1/3 cups powdered milk to 3 3/4 water. So 10 2/3 cups powdered milk to make 8 quarts? Does that sound right?
    Salbo
    False
    Well, the easy way would be to read the instructions on the box you have. How much powder does it say to use to make a quart of milk? Multiply that amount by 8 and there you have it.
    False
    Jerusha3,

How many ounces or pounds is the weight of your box of powdered milk?
    False

Cool

I think Salbo is right with 10 2/3 cups. I don't have the 8-qt size to read the box. I'll use that. Thanks, folks!
    False
  • Re: Does anyone know how many cups are in a box of powdered milk?

Jerusha3
    I'd like to know how many cups of powder are in the box of powdered milk that makes 8 quarts. That's how much I need to make my hot chocolate mix. Aldi's has the best buy on powdered milk...only the box makes 20-something quarts. It's huge! I need to know how many cups to measure out to make the mix. TIA!

Jerusha3
    False