Anyone have any idea why every food taste too salty all of a sudden? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Anyone have any idea why every food taste too salty all of a sudden?

Last post May 13, 2005 6:35 PM by Alphy3 . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • Anyone have any idea why every food taste too salty all of a sudden?
    This started yesterday. I thought it was because the food was prepared with too much salt but all day today everything I have eaten that has salt in it has tasted too salty. The other family members says the food tastes the same to them. Should I call the Dr.? I'm not taking any new medicines.
    False
  • RE: Anyone have any idea why every food taste too salty all of a sudden?
    Could you possibly be ........ preggers?
    False
    I haven't failed; I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work.
    Nope. Total hysterectomy in the 80's.
    False
    Well then THAT'S out of the question!

Hmmm... suffering any allergies? Sometimes being congested can change how we taste things.
    False
    I haven't failed; I've just found 10,000 ways that don't work.
    This happened to me a few weeks ago. It's gone now. But I found this on a Mayo Clinic website.

You may find that an illness, medical treatment or medication has affected your sense of taste. Food may seem to lack flavor or taste too sweet or salty. Usually these changes are temporary and will improve with time.

False
    Have you been taking any zinc lately (zicam or ColdEeze, for example) or any supplements that might have zinc in them? Zinc is necessary for the proper functioning of our sense of smell, so I suppose that an excess of it could throw off the sense of taste. Or a deficiency might be causing you not to taste the food, just the salt.
    False
    Years ago, a little girl complained about everything...even Pepsi...tasting salty. Found out she had diabetes.
    False