Recipe for Jello icebox pie | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Recipe for Jello icebox pie

Last post Jun 07, 2007 5:40 PM by mamesmom . 5 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
  • Recipe for Jello icebox pie
    Years ago my Aunt made jello icebox pies (always either lemon or lime) using jello, chilled evaporated milk and vanilla wafers for the crust (she just lined the pie plate with the wafers). If anyone has this recipe, I would love to have it. Thanks! Love this magazine!
    False
  • RE: Recipe for Jello icebox pie
    Bumping for help. I checked www.Jello.com site. Would the light and easy pie be similar? It is in a graham cracker crust (you could use vanilla wafers laid in the pan) and Cool Whip instead of evaporated milk. Good luck! Maybe someone on the board has the recipe you need.
    False
    Jello Icebox Pie

1 cup sugar
    1 cup water
    1 3 oz package lemon or lime jello
    1 can evaporated milk - chilled until very cold
    1/2 box vanilla wafers

Combine sugar and water and bring to a full boil. Remove from heat and add jello. Stir until dissolved. Place sugar/water/jello mixture in refrigerator and chill until syrupy.

Beat chilled evaporated milk on highest mixer speed until doubled in volume. Add jello mixture and whip until well blended. To make the crust, place vanilla wafers in the bottom and around the sides of a pie plate. This recipe will make 2 large or 3 small pies. Chill at least 6 to 8 hours before serving.
    False
    False

False
    False