ISO Beef Bouillon w/o MSG | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO Beef Bouillon w/o MSG

Last post Jun 15, 2005 9:47 AM by nana55BC . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • ISO Beef Bouillon w/o MSG
    Can anyone tell me where I can find the dry beef bouillon granules that do not contain MSG? I found them in the past at most stores made by Wyler but can no longer find them. Thank you for your help
    False
  • RE: ISO Beef Bouillon w/o MSG
    I can't help you with dry beef granules, but I have purchased a product which meets your criteria of no msg. It's called "Better Than Bouillon" Beef Base. It comes in an 8 ounce jar and contains 38 servings. It's a wet granular mixture and the jar must be refrigerated after opening. One tsp. is equal to one cube. It's made by a company called Superior Touch and their website is superiortouch.com. I found it in a local supermarket (Wegman's) near the other bouillons. I prefer it to the cubes or foil packets of bouillon.

Dawn
    False
    Thank you Dawn. I was looking for the dry variety as I use it to make my own dry soup to be used in place of cream of mushroom etc. as I can make it without MSG. Thank you for your help.
    False
    The Herb ox brand does not contain MSG. They also have a very low sodium chicken bouillon that is very good.
    Maybe you can find that brand.
    Sue
    False
    thank you Sue. I will check to see if I can find that brand. I have heard of it.
    False
    thank you Sue. I will check to see if I can find that brand. I have heard of it.
    False
    Let me know - I'll ship it if you can't find it or another brand.
    Sue
    False
    Hi likesto eat
    I would love to hear how you replace cream soups in a recipe (cream of mushroom etc.) because I can't have the cream soups. They contain gluten and I have celiacs disease. I cannot eat MSG either.
    Thanks!
    False
    KAnne--I will post the cream soup recipe later today but it does have powdered milk so that would not be good for you either from what I know.
    False
    liketoeat-
    the powdered milk should be fine- dairy products are ok for me. It's just anything with wheat/rye/barley/oats that I can't have. Canned cream soups are thickened with flour.
    thanks
    False
    KAnne and others--I am posting the cream soup recipe on a separate post
    False
    Hi, Watkins has incredible soup base mixes, all with no MSG. I have tried the chicken, beef, cream, cheese, and 6 Onion. All are now staples in my pantry. If you don't have/know of a dealer, let me know, and will post info on how to get for you. In fact, none of their products have MSG, so I use a ton, as I cook for several seniors, who are allergic, and can vouch for the taste and quality of everything!
    False