THIS IS SO UNBELIEVABLE! What happened to the wedding cake!! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

THIS IS SO UNBELIEVABLE! What happened to the wedding cake!!

Last post Jun 18, 2005 7:58 AM by bagelbaker_OH . 9 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
  • THIS IS SO UNBELIEVABLE! What happened to the wedding cake!!

False
  • RE: THIS IS SO UNBELIEVABLE! What happened to the wedding cake!!
    It was so warm at our ourdoor wedding in July, that the top slid off our wedding cake. We just laughed, and squished it back on! Some would have taken that as some kind of bad omen, but I'm happy to say we are happily married 23 years later!

I imagine weddings can be a risky business. Who wants to be responsible for ruining what is supposed to be the most memorable day of someone's life? Poor woman! PammieJ.
    False

There's no such thing as "try". You either do, or you don't.

Why would anyone try to carry four sheet cakes at once? The stress she was under must have been off the charts. Hopefully someone will tell her about Murphy's Law and she will have a plan B, C and D from now on.
    False
    I had a very elaborate wedding cake with lighted fountain, etc. The woman we hired to do the cake was in the hosp with pneumonia- and had someone else make it. I didn't find out until way after the wedding- thank goodness! I would have freaked. The cake was FABULOUS!
    False
    The first wedding cake I ever did was about 2 months after the horrible LA earthquake & we were in Bakersfield at the time. Each tier was decorated, supports in place & boxed, ready to assemble. We had about a half-hour drive to the reception hall. I was TERRIFIED that another earthquake would hit & swallow me up, van, cake & all. I was sooooooo nervous that something would go wrong!
    Everything went perfectly, but I did have to stand guard next to the cake until it was cut & served 'cause the Bride's little brother kept trying to stick his fingers in it......aaaaarrrrrrggggggg.

Cali
    False
    I want an ending, I want an ending, I think I would have told a little white lie about a small earthquake, oh well it will make for some funny memories years from now.....it seems every piece of cake I ever brought home to place under my pillow never ended up there, I usually found it all dried up and flattened in my purse a week later or after we were married in my husbands suit coat pocket. good story tho.....Shirley
    False

False
    I baked Wedding Cakes for a number of years and this was always my nightmare that something would happen to the cakes on the way to the wedding. I remember carrying a huge cake into the reception hall on a sheet of ice under our feet. Thank goodness we didn't have any trouble. I don't do wedding cakes anymore but still do some large Anniversary cakes.

At one of my nieces wedding her large 4 tiered cake fell as people were coming into the wedding reception. The lady that baked the cake scooped it off the table into a huge dish pan and served the sheet cakes. I was a wreck and I was only a guest at the wedding and had nothing to do with the cake. She had a special top made that broke when the cake fell. No one got mad and everyone felt bad for the bride and groom.
    False

any more?
    False