HELP! Need Sugar-free Strawberry Jam Canning Recipe | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

HELP! Need Sugar-free Strawberry Jam Canning Recipe

Last post Jun 21, 2005 1:51 PM by imadisneymom . 6 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
  • HELP! Need Sugar-free Strawberry Jam Canning Recipe
    Last year I wanted to can Strawberry Jam and I was hoping to do some sugar free using Splenda. Somewhere I saw the kind of pectin to use, but couldn't find it. Can anyone help me?
    Jodi
    False
  • RE: HELP! Need Sugar-free Strawberry Jam Canning Recipe
    My directions are years old so there may be better things than certo. I suggest you look incookbooks for diabetics or call your health dept - at least here the dept has home economists. I have never canned the jam; I have frozen it. Nancy
    False

hello

I posted this the other day under my other name homebody2.I've read that using artifical sugar can't be processed at high temps. This recipe has the artifical sugar boiled with the ingredients 20-30 minutes, so it may work to put in a boiling water bath after it's in the jars. I just made this small amount for a friend.It came out great as the recipe is written, using strawberries.

Raspberry Jam

4 pints or 3 12-ounce bags frozen unsweetened raspberries or other berries
    1-1/2 cups unsweetened apple juice, divided
    1 tablespoon bottle lemon juice
    2 tablespoons granulated sugar
    18 packets Sweet One granulated sugar substitute
    2 envelopes unflavored gelatin

In large pot, combine raspberries, 1 cup apple juice, lemon juice, sugar and Sweet One. Over high heat, bring to a boil; cook, stirring frequently 20 to 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.

In small saucepan, combine remaining 1/2 cup apple juice and gelatin. Cook over low heat until gelatin dissolves; stir into raspberry mixture.

Pour into clean jars, seal and store in refrigerator or freezer. (Makes three and a half 8-ounce jars or seven 4-ounce jars)
    False
    I forgot to answer the other question.I have used the pectin for sugar-free.The recipe I gave you doesn't use any pectin.Ask the store manager if they can order it for you.I have seen it at W-M.
    False
    I'll have to give this recipe a try. I've been looking for a sugar-free recipe.

Thank you,

YBNormal
    False
    I am diabetic and I use the sure jell that has no sugar , it is called "sugar-free sure jell," it will give you the directions to make all kind of sugar-free jellies and jams and also freezer jams and Jellies, Hope this helps. Lorraine C. I get my sure- jell at walmarts.
    False
    I just bought the Ball Fruit Jell No Sugar Needed at Wal-Mart. they give you instructions for adding sugar or sugar substitutes. Haven't tried it yet but I plan to next week. I did make strawberry freezer jam w/ the Sure Jell freezer pectin and made it w/ 1/2c sugar and 1c Splenda. Turned out great.
    Good Luck!
    Ginny
    False
    Just when the Caterpillar thought her world was over ............ She became a Butterfly I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way. - Jessica Rabbit