What do you serve with Sloppy Joes? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What do you serve with Sloppy Joes?

Last post Jan 02, 2011 1:40 AM by jasper3975 . 17 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 12
  • What do you serve with Sloppy Joes?
    Would Krinkle Cut Fries and a Veggie Tray with Dip be ok, or does anyone have a tried and true menu? We usually just serve the sandwich with buttered corn because thats how my Mom did it.
    False
  • RE: What do you serve with Sloppy Joes?
    I think that sounds great, foodguy. I always serve raw veggies with dip with my Sloppy Joes, and maybe a fruit salad.
    False
    Fries and a Vegetable Tray would be delicious. So would corn on the cob.

My husband's family always includes baked beans. My family usually has a salad.
    False

I like Tator Tots and creamy coleslaw with mine. Maybe some pickles on the side.

Grilled corn sounds great though.

Brenda
    False
    Brenda Sinclair
    Definately coleslaw, at this house. But your ideas sound good, too. You can't go wrong with cut veggies and fruit trays. And fries are always a favorite. As is corn on the cob.
    Well, I was a great help,wasn't I...LOL.
    False
    I always serve coleslaw and French Fries.
    False
    I like mac & cheese with sloppy joes. Actually, I like anything with sloppy joes!
    False

DH likes sloppy joes with spicy homemade French fries or potato chips (plain or bbq flavored). Corn on the cob sounds good to me! :)

False
    works for me lol
    False

Around here we usually have baked fries or potato chips (I love to put plain potato chips on my sloppy joe, grandmother likes cheese) and maybe corn, cottage cheese...??
    False
  • Re: What do you serve with Sloppy Joes?
    At our house it is always my mom's baked beans and chips, but a new twist I love is to serve sloppy joes with a slice of super sharp cheddar cheese! 
    False

I also do tater tots (with seasoned salt) and coleslaw as my standard. I will change it up, sometimes, with veggies and dip in place of coleslaw or leftover potato or pasta salad for my salad.

False
    Toni Gommy of 5

I usually open a can of green beans, but I like your idea much better! 

False

Cole Slaw and Potato Chips

False

We always do crinkle cut fries with the sloppy joes. Usually cole slaw as well. Boy that sure sounds good right now!

False

I have a very difficult time deciphering the line between boredom and hunger.