~(Food Related) -- Saltine Crackers Question ** | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

~(Food Related) -- Saltine Crackers Question **

Last post Jan 10, 2004 8:32 PM by hummerberb_Or . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • ~(Food Related) -- Saltine Crackers Question **
    Does anyone know how to keep Saltine crackers from getting stale so quickly? With just the two of us, I find that we never get to the last two sealed packs and end up pitching them because they are stale.

Can Saltines be frozen and still retain their crispness? I have tried the Tilia Food Saver and even the vacuum seal didn't keep them fresh.

Thanks,
    ~Ce
    False
    "BeancounterCe"
  • RE: ~(Food Related) -- Saltine Crackers Question **
    I have a Tupperware cracker keepeer that works pretty well. The only problems I have with Tupperware is the cost. There may be Rubbermaid boxes on the market by now as I have had this one for several years.
    False
    When I lived in Puerto Rico they sold them in Tin Cans. It still wasn't great but if you pop them in the microwave for a few seconds it perks them right up. Don't worry about your topic.
    BJ
    False

Find more about Weather in New Bedford, MA

Hi!

Yes you can freeze saltines and potato chips too! Just seal them in a ziploc baggie.
    False
    Hi! ~Ce
    I keep my crackers in a Tupperware container and I have never had them go stale,I have never heard of the Tilia Food Saver but with a vacuum seal like Tupperware it should of kept the freshness the same,you think.We are also not big cracker eaters so they do hang around my house for along time. Have a great day. Saudie
    False
    I know the problem you are having when there are only 2 of you. We had the same problem so we started to buy the individual packages. There are 4 per pkg and they are great. They are a bit more expensive but they do stay fresh. Hope this helps you.
    False
    Thanks everyone.

And you know what?....I think that SOMEWHERE I do have a square tupperware container. Before we got married, my mom went to a Tupperware party and I swear that she ordered everything in the catalog for us! I have some of the bigger pieces packed away, but I will have to check for it!

False
    "BeancounterCe"
    Hi Ce! I think it's the humidity. In Colorado the crackers stay crisp and tasty for a long time, but when I visit my DS in Jacksonville, I notice a lot of things taste and feel different (crackers, chips...ect)
    Deb
    False
    I just pop the box right in the freezer. Since they are in the four little thingies with the air tight stuff on them they never get stale. As you can tell I have a very extensive technical vocabulary. LOL
    ~~Leisa~~
    False