Question about where to buy frozen coconut. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Question about where to buy frozen coconut.

Last post Jan 11, 2004 5:03 PM by brownielady . 8 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
  • Question about where to buy frozen coconut.
    I have a couple of recipes (I haven't tried yet) that call for frozen grated coconut. I have never seen this in our stores here. Anyone out there know where you can buy this? Thanks!
    False
  • RE: Question about where to buy frozen coconut.
    I've bought it. At my stores it is in the freezer case with the bags of frozen fruit.
    False
    Realllllyyyy???? I have never, ever heard of it!!! I will have to look in the frozen section of the store. I have never even seen a recipe that says that. Maybe it is a regional thing??? Boy, you learn something new every day...LOL...
    ceeare
    False
    I saw it at a Wal-Mart Super Store. I think it was near the Cool Whip.
    False
    The recipe I had for frozen coconut, I just subbed the shelf kind for it instead. In my area you can't buy frozen coconut.
    False
    The Cake Mix Doctor said it was a Southern thing....I have never been able to find it in California.
    Sierra
    False
    It tastes the same frozen or unfrozen. The frozen will keep almost forever as the fresh would not stay fresh long in the south where it is hot and humid. It is in the freezer section by the fruit in most grocery stores.
    False
    I use to live in Santa Ana area of Calif and use to buy it frozen at Albertson's. I have bought it on sale, non frozen, and frozen it to keep it fresh until I used it.
    False
    Thanks for all your help. I may try some different stores than where I normally shop. The two recipes that call for this are Vestal Goodman's Coconut Cake (which I got of the board) and Sweet Potato Cake with Coconut Filling and Caramel Frosting. The Sweet Potato Cake was a finalist in the Southern Living Recipe contest and I just posted it.
    False