What goes good with fried fish? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What goes good with fried fish?

Last post Jun 28, 2005 6:42 PM by Big_Bud . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • What goes good with fried fish?
    What goes good with fried fish? I'm fixing the recipe in the current TOH (saltines, eggs, and then dip and fry the fish) with tarter sauce. Any good side dishes?
    False
  • RE: What goes good with fried fish?
    I would suggest coleslaw or a green salad, hush puppies and corn on the cob (or buttered whole kernal corn). Fried fish....yummy!
    False
    Thanks! Sounds like some great ideas! I was also thinking some boiled potatoes and butter, which was mentioned along with the menu in the magazine. The salad and corn sound good, too! Thanks!
    False
    French fries, hush puppies and slaw are traditional but I have eaten where they served potato salad and baked beans as sides. Maybe a baked potato. Tater tots. Brocoli salad.
    False
    What about mac and cheese and side dish of green beans? Pretty much my every Friday night meal when I was a kid.
    False
    Yeah! That brings back memories! We weren't catholics, but for some reason, mom liked to fix fish on Fridays! Ha!
    False
    Fish
    Cole slaw
    french fries
    Hush puppies
    False
    In loving memory of Suzy
    I love Stewed Tomatoes with Fish. Mac & Cheese is great also and coleslaw is a must ~Janie~

I'll have a piece right now please!
    False
    Cole Slaw; oven roasted potatoes, onions, and mushrooms; Pepper Poppers (cheese stuffed jalapenos), and my Killer Hishpuppies.
    False
    Forgot to add Lemon Sorbet or sherbet for dessert.
    False
    Ritz breaded fresh cod with raw fried potatos and home made pepper cabage. YES!! Bud
    False