OT : Need ideas for a 15 year old boy for b-day party! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

OT : Need ideas for a 15 year old boy for b-day party!

Last post Aug 22, 2013 2:42 PM by littlemamma4 . 13 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
  • OT : Need ideas for a 15 year old boy for b-day party!
    My son want to have a party with his friends upon turning 15. I have no ideas! (I am much better at younger or older parties!) I would love to hear your ideas (reasonably priced please!)
    False
    Photobucket
  • RE: OT : Need ideas for a 15 year old boy for b-day party!
    I'm thinking your 15 year old has got plenty of ideas! Good luck!

~~susie.
    False

My guys always like movies -- either a movie marathon at home (Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, whatever), or meeting at the theater for the latest action/sci-fi movie (matinees are relatively cheap).
    False
    Actually he doesn't and is hoping I came up with just the right thing! Like I said I am good with younger or older and don't have a clue on this one! :)
    False
    Photobucket
    Just thought of another -- if he likes baseball, what about a session for him & his friends at a batting cage? Or driving range, if they like golf? Don't know what those cost, I just know boys that age usually want to either do something sports-related or just "hang out."
    False
    Bowling, Paint ball, an amusement park like Great America?

Chefly
    False
    How about taking a several of his friends to a baseball game, if you have a semi-pro league near you the tickets are inexpensive, the seats are usually very good and the players really want to make it into the major teams so they play their hearts out. I have found these games much more fun then a pro game.
    Depending on where you live a:
    beach party-late afternoon with a BBQ at night
    pool party day or night
    picnic and baseball game at the park
    dance party in the backyard, with no "obvious" parent observation evening
    Does he want it coed or just guys?
    Good Luck
    Denise
    False
    Do you have a place that provides 'laser tag'? That age of boys love it! ....Or a personal 'behind the scenes 'tour' of a motorcyle or hot rod shop....???? Trish
    False
    the bowling alley by us has "cosmic bowling" where they turn the lights off, turn on the strobe lights and blast the music - the bowling balls are glow in the dark and they play music videos from movie screens that hang down about the lanes. it is very cool and very fun (and very loud!) They do it from like 9-11pm and sometimes they have "all-nighters" where the kids get locked in overnight and have a blast. Maybe you could do the one til 11 and then have the guys sleep over or something.

let us know what you decide
    False
    My boys (15 and 16) both had a video gaming party. All the guys bring their systems and they hook them together somehow, then rotate what teams they play on. I made hot dogs and snacks and that was it. (of course, my kids are both nerdy, so it was the perfect party!)

They have enjoyed laser tag and bowling parties, too.

Best wishes,
    Belinda
    False
    My DS is turning 15, also. he doesn't want a party, and hasn't had one for 2 years. I would suggest bowling, laser tag, or the movies.
    Keep it simple with pizza and cake at home.
    Have fun! Does he want to do Driver's Ed?
    Jenny
    False
    If you go with the movie idea, make it a drive-in movie night. Set up lawn chairs and a TV in the back yard. Then, have a table with typical movie theater confections -- Junior Mints, Popcorn, drinks, etc.
    False
    Awesome ideas! I will them all by him and see what he thinks. It will be mostly boys but one friend goes everywhere with his girlfriend and ther is one girl that he would like to invite. He is really into cars I like the idea of behind the scenes look at hotrod shop - that will take some doing - not sure if the girls would be interested! I've suggested movies but not gotten much response!
    False
    Photobucket

my guy likes games so i was thinking of carinval party.softball throw bee gun big screen movie out side with projector and tent for over nighters.wondering if he would like it or if to kiddish what do you think?

False