ISO: IHOP swedish crepe recipe. | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO: IHOP swedish crepe recipe.

Last post Feb 16, 2011 9:30 AM by Alliea . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • ISO: IHOP swedish crepe recipe.
    Went to IHOP this morning with my 20% of coupon and ordered swedish crepes with the loginberries. They were awesome. Where can I find a copy recipe??? Thanks!
    False
  • RE: ISO: IHOP swedish crepe recipe.
    I found this recipe on the Internet. Not a copycat but might be a start.

Swedish pancakes with lingonberries
    Categories: Breakfast Fruits
    Yield: 1 Servings
    1 c Sifted flour
    2 tb Sugar
    ¨ù ts Salt
    3 Eggs, beaten
    3 c Milk
    ¨÷ c Butter
    Lingonberry preserves

Sift flour, sugar and salt together. Then add eggs and milk slowly. stir until well blended. Let stand 1 to 2 hours. Heat a griddle, skillet or tempered Swedish pancake pan. Brush well with butter. Spread hot cake batter thin. brown on each side. Roll hot cakes. Serve with lingonberry preserves.
    False
    Swedish Pancakes with Lingonberries

2 eggs
    3 cups milk
    1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    butter or oil for frying

Garnish:
    Butter
    Lingonberry preserves
    Confectioner's sugar (icing sugar)

Beat the eggs and add the milk and flour gradually along with the sugar and salt. Heat a platt pan (a type of Swedish pan) or small frying pan over low heat and brush with oil or butter. Stir the batter well and cook thin and light pancakes. (I would recommend pancakes about 3 inches in diameter.) Serve with butter, lingonberry preserves, and a bit of confectioner's sugar.
    False
    Definitions of Swiss steak on the Web:

An entrée made with a thick cut of steak that is tenderized, coated with flour and seasoning, then browned. It is topped with tomatoes, onions and other vegetables, then simmered or baked for approximately 2 hours.
    www.tyson.com/UserControls/ViewTerms.aspx

Round or chuck steak that has been tenderized by pounding, coated with flour, and browned on both sides. The meat is then smothered in chopped tomatoes, onions, carrots, celery, broth, and seasonings, then baked for about two hours.
    www.nutribase.com/fishmeat.shtml

steak braised in tomato and onion mixture
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
    False

Thank you redraspberrygirl. My favorite IHOP thing is cheese blintzes. I will try your recipe and fill the pancakes with ricotta cheese and top with sweetened strawberries and sour cream or jam.

'76CJ7 formerly known as mountainmomma
    False
    Thanks for posting this RRG!! They are one of my favorites!
    Ce
    False
    "BeancounterCe"
  • Re: RE: ISO: IHOP swedish crepe recipe.
    I remembered a slightly simpler version of this and tried it this morning and it worked great: I call it Walter's Version after an old friend who introduced me to it Walter's Version: (makes about 5 pancakes: 1 serving) just use 1 egg 3/4 cup of milk 1 cup of All Purpose Flour 1Tbsp sugar (brown works great) sprinkle of salt a non-stick pan sure helps a lot!
    False
  • Re: RE: ISO: IHOP swedish crepe recipe.

I see this is an old post but here is a clone recipe. ~A

Copycat IHOP Swedish Pancakes

Posted by: ChefTom .

If you're new here or love our recipes, you may Some of my best memories of my Grandmother, were in the kitchen. One summer growing up I spent a week with my grandparents and she taught me quite a few recipes. We baked cookies, made candy, pickles and my favorite was Swedish Pancakes. These pancakes were good for any time of day…breakfast, dinner…it didn’t matter! When I came across this recipe for IHOP’s version of this classic, it brought back such good memories that I had to share it with you all. Enjoy !!!

3 eggs
    1 c. milk
    1 1/2 c. sifted flour
    1 tbsp. sugar
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1/2 c. cream (or milk)
    2 tbsp. butter, melted
    Confectioners sugar
    2 c. lingonberry sauce (I use red currant jelly)

Beat eggs until very light. Then sift together the flour, salt and sugar.
    Add half the milk and fold in flour, sifted with sugar and salt.
    Then add remaining milk, cream and butter.
    If consistency is too thick , add more milk.
    Using a hot griddle, ladle the batter onto the griddle creating a 5-6 inch diameter.
    These pancakes are thin and will only need a minute or two on each side.
    Place 2 tablespoons of lingonberry (Swedish cranberries) sauce on center of pancake and roll up like jelly roll.
    Serve sprinkled with confectioners sugar.

False

Susan-Serving as a Taste Of Home Field Editor since 2009