Giant Marconi Peppers??? | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Giant Marconi Peppers???

Last post Aug 31, 2009 3:36 PM by diane913 . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Giant Marconi Peppers???
    Has anyone ever used the giant Marconi Peppers? I have a plant of these. I thought they were regular green and red bell peppers but after getting peppers on the plant, they are not. Are Marconi peppers used in the same way as regular bell peppers. I think they can be eaten green or wait until they turn red. Are these hot in taste? I have not tried any yet. I don't know if I should wait until they turn red. How do you use them - in salads, cooking or what?

Thanks for any help.

Pam
    False
  • RE: Giant Marconi Peppers???
    Found this on google.com

'Giant Marconi' is an improved Italian grilling pepper. About 6 to 8 inches long, the tapered green pepper will mature to red on the 30 inch plant. 'Giant Marconi' tastes excellent raw but is best when grilled. It has a memorable sweet, smoky flavor. 'Giant Marconi' was judged best in its class for earliness, yield, pepper size and flavor. Plants are resistant to Potato Virus Y and Tobacco Mosaic Virus, which means the plants tend to live longer for an improved yield. Green peppers can be harvested in about 72 days from transplanting.

False
  • RE: Giant Marconi Peppers???
    Thanks for the information but has anyone ever eaten any of these or how to you use them.

Pam
    False
  • Re: Giant Marconi Peppers???

They're an excellent roasting pepper.  In fact, my husband created a recipe where he grills the peppers then stuffs them with a mixture of chicken, rice, garlic & onion.  He wraps the stuffed pepper in bacon & grills the whole thing.

False