Wilson's B V Extract | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Wilson's B V Extract

Last post Nov 13, 2012 3:06 PM by rgpaul2 . 11 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
  • Wilson's B V Extract
    Can anyone tell me where I can find Wilson's B V Extract - it is the main ingredient in a dip I have made for years and now I can't find it. Thanks
    False
  • RE: Wilson's B V Extract
    I haven't seen this for sale in years. Ijust "googled" and could not find anything. Surely it exists somewhere.
    False
    Today I discovered that WATKINS has a beef soup base. Possibly that could be used in your recipe. I have seen another soup base called BETTER THAN BULLION in the stores. Both of these come in several flavors including beef, chicken and vegetable. I am still looking foe BV.
    False
    What does B V stand for?

Grelo
    False
    Forgot to ask: what is thwe flovor of this Wilson extract? I have never heard of it.
    What kind of dip do you flavor with it?

I use Yeast extract to flavor clear broth because it is very low in sodium and is actually the main ingredient (after salt) in bouliion cubes/granules of any flavor.
    Something similar to a flavoring extract is the European "Maggi", it is almost like soy sauce but still different. It is just about on every table in Germany when soup is served.
    If you grocer does not have it, you will be able to find it in most oriental stores.
    I doubt you will find your Wilson's extract, it is most likely extinct because of low demend.You are hard put to find many of the older and smaller brands any longer, they just can't make it in today's world.
    Young folks just don't use things like that.
    Grelo
    False
  • Re: Wilson's B V Extract

I have a receipe that bv extract is needed and i use to buy it at hyvees stores in iowa but years ago i found it was discontinued i tried using gravy master and it worked because it has the beef flavoring
    False

I use the Watkins chicken soup base and  I sprinkle it over popcorn . Wow what a great taste.

False

I know this is ancient history - but I was looking for B-V (Beefer-Upper) and Google included your question in the search results.  I have found it in two places today... http://www.majorproducts.com/bv.htm (this is the maker of B-V.  They will ship you a case for $25.) and on eBay (you can find anything on eBay - search for B-V extract or beefer upper.  Currently being sold at $3.99 pluss about $4 shipping).I'm not sure which I'll go with - I may contact the corporate offices and see if any grocery stores in my part of the world carry it.

Good luck!

Drawltx

False

you can purchase it directly from the company by the case only. Wilsons   25.00 a case but worth it!

False

Beef and Vegtables   You can find it at amazon on line

False

What does B V stand for. B is probably for Beef but Then again who knows.

"WHERE CAN I FIND/BUY BV (THE BEEFER UPPER)": Google: Major Products.  a few years ago pick n save stopped carrying the bottle BV.  I contacted Major Products and ordered a bunch, 6 if I remember right,  & no I was not asked for any tax code or anything.

Told them where I used to purchase it, and within a month it was back on Pick n Saves shelves.  So if U'r really serious about using certain products, go see the 

STORE MANAGER, not his flunky, tell him it's a great product and keep asking him about when he/she is going to get it.  Give them Major Products address and phone number.  

Boullion cubes suck as far as REAL flavor goes, and does a job on a persons blood pressure.  WAY TOO much salt.  I've almost eliminated adding salt to anything and letting the natural flavors shine thru and after a few weeks/months, I don't miss all the extra salt, and really notice when someone uses salt to add flavor, instead of condenceing (sp) a natural flavor or using other spices to add to or showcase a certain foods natural flavor.  

False

Where ever U R, a Smile & a happy word or two, cost U nothing,

but it sure can brighten up a strangers day.  

B-V extract is available in Dahl's stores in the Midwest (based in Iowa)

False