Looking for an easy cake recipe using a mix (have pineapple, eagle brand, nuts, cream cheese) | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Looking for an easy cake recipe using a mix (have pineapple, eagle brand, nuts, cream cheese)

Last post Jan 14, 2004 12:53 PM by bebeblues . 4 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
  • Looking for an easy cake recipe using a mix (have pineapple, eagle brand, nuts, cream cheese)
    I have several different types of box cake mix as well as pineapple, eagle brand, evap. milk, nuts, a pack of cream cheese) I don't have any coconut or pie fillings or things like that. Just looking for a relatively easy but good dessert to make tonight.
    False
  • RE: Looking for an easy cake recipe using a mix (have pineapple, eagle brand, nuts, cream cheese)
    I copied this recipe down from the BB, but haven't made it yet. I hear it comes highly recommended.

Or, why not try doing a search for cake recipes.

Good luck!

Pineapple Cake

Bake 325 degrees for 45 minutes

2 cups flour
    2 eggs
    2 cups sugar
    2 teaspoons baking soda
    1 20 ounce can crushed pineapple and juice

Mix altogether.

Icing

1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese
    1/2 stick margarine
    1 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix icing and spread on cake when it comes out of the oven
    False
  • RE: Looking for an easy cake recipe using a mix (have pineapple, eagle brand, nuts, cream cheese)
    hERE IS AN IDEA;;
    make a yellow cake as directed on pkg. when it gets done punch holes in it all over with the end of a small wooden spoon or whatever you have to punch nice holes in with, pour the Eagle brand over , do this while cake is hot, Drain pineapple, mix pineapple with cream cheese and spread on cooled cake, hope this helps,
    False
    There is a pineapple version. This cake will not look done when you take it out, it still jiggles in the middle.

Gooey Butter Cakes
    (Simon & Schuster; May 2002; ISBN: 0743224841; Spiral)
    Cookbook Heaven at Recipelink.com

Cake
    1 (18.25-ounce) box yellow cake mix
    1 egg
    1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
    Filling
    1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    1 (16-ounce) box confectioners' sugar
    1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
    In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine cake mix, egg, and butter and mix well. Pat into the bottom of prepared pan and set aside.
    Still using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth; add eggs and vanilla. Dump in confectioners' sugar and beat well. Reduce speed of mixer and slowly pour in butter. Mix well.
    Pour filling onto cake mixture and spread evenly. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Don't be afraid to make a judgment call on the cooking time, because oven temperatures can vary. You want the center to be a little gooey, so don't bake it past that point!

Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Cut into squares. Just remember that these wonderful little cakes are very, very rich, and a little will go a long way-even for piggies like me!

Pumpkin Gooey: This variation has to be at the top of my list, especially around Thanksgiving. For the cake part, I sometimes use a spice cake mix. I have even used a chocolate cake mix, but I think my favorite is the basic yellow cake mix. Follow the original recipe, adding a 15-ounce can of pumpkin pie filling and an extra egg to the cream cheese filling. Bake as usual, remove from oven, and allow to cool. Cut into squares and top each square with a pecan half. Serve with a dollop of fresh whipped cream. I promise you'll never want pumpkin pie again!

False
    Pineapple Gooey: Add a 20-ounce can of drained crushed pineapple and an extra egg to the cream cheese filling. Proceed as directed above.
    False