What do you use to fix up a brownie mix | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

What do you use to fix up a brownie mix

Last post Jul 15, 2007 7:06 PM by klm525 . 15 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 2 (16 items) 12
  • What do you use to fix up a brownie mix
    I have a box mix for Brownies and would like suggestions on what to add to make them taste even better.
    False
  • RE: What do you use to fix up a brownie mix
    I posted a review on this earlier today. It is very good.

Junior Mint Brownies

Mix up your favorite brownie mix and cook as directed for Fudgie Brownies...Bake them in a 9x13 pan so that they will not be very thick...When finished, set pan on top of the oven where it's warm. Pour approximately an 11 oz box of junior mints (can use other types of mints if you cut them in small pieces so they'll melt correctly) Cover pan tightly with foil and let sit for ten minutes. Remove foil and use the back of a spoon to swirl melted mints all over the top of the brownies..when it cools, the mints make a minty icing on top...

Stephanie - IL
    False
    What a great idea, Thanks!
    False

I just saw this!

Peanut Butter Brownie Cupcakes Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
    See this recipe on air Monday Aug. 15 at 1:00 PM ET/PT.

Recipe Summary
    Difficulty: Easy
    Prep Time: 5 minutes
    Cook Time: 20 minutes
    Yield: 2 dozen
    User Rating:

1 (18 1/2-ounce) package chewy fudge brownie mix (recommended: Duncan Hines)
    1 (12-ounce) package peanut butter chips or 24 miniature peanut butter cups

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 regular muffin cups with paper cupcake liners.

Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Fill the cups half full with brownie batter. Place about 1 tablespoon peanut butter chips in the center of the batter, or press 1 peanut butter cup into the batter in each muffin cup until the batter meets the top edge of the peanut butter cup.

Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until the cupcakes are set. When they can be handled safely, remove them from the muffin tins and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container.

False
    Look up Candykisses recipe for Milky Way brownies in the search, it's my personal favorite.
    Myself, I take them out of theoven 10 minutes before they are finished, put marshmallows and sprinkle some M&M's on top and put that back in for the remainder of the baking time, both ways are great! Vicki
    False

Vicki aka waitressno119_IL

Chocolate chips.
    Marshamallow cream with chocolate syrup or chocolate chips on top.

I like to even bake brownies. Take a container of cream cheese and cool whip mix together. Spread it on top of cooled brownies. Then sprinkle chopped candy bars on top. Mixed with small marshmallows and swirl hot fudge on top.

Or I like to take and bake brownies. Let them Cool. Then place ice cream spread on top. Freeze. Then sprinkle whatever I have around the house candy or baking chips on top.
    False
    Ohmygosh...these are all soooo good - I saw Paula Deen today too - did look yummy but love artistathand's idea for a summer dessert!
    False
    Chocolate Banana Berry Trifle

1 pkg brownie mix
    2 cups sliced strawberries
    2 sliced bananas
    2 8 oz tubs of Cool Whip

Prepare and bake brownie mix as directed on package. Cool completely on wire rack in pan. Cut into 1/2 inch squares. Layer 1/2 of the brownies, strawberries, bananas, in a 4 quart serving bowl. Repeat layers. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Garnish with additional strawberries if desired. Makes 16 servings.
    False
    False
    Bake brownies per package directions.

8oz Chocolate Chips
    8oz Vanilla Chips
    4oz. Nuts of your choice
    4oz Carmels----melted with 1/4 cup milk.

Melt carmels---cool slightly. When brownies come of over sprinkle with chips and cover with another pan for 5 minutes that will cover the entire brownie pan. When the time has finished remove the pan.

Next drizzle with melted carmels and top with the nuts.
    False
    I buy those round sheets of caramel, (usually sold to melt over apples)
    and put them in the middle of my brownie batter. Pour 1/2 batter into pan, place a layer of caramel over, top with remaining 1/2 batter.
    Bake as usual. Could even throw some chopped nuts in, I suppose.
    Best,
    C4B
    False
    I was going to suggest what olroyswife did. I saw her make this yesterday and they looked devine. I have some raspberry chocolate chips that I think would be good in them, too.

Kathy♥
    False
    These are awesome!

COOKIES ‘N CREME BROWNIES

1 package (1 lb. 3 oz.) Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix
    water, vegetable oil, eggs as called for on brownie mix package
    1 cup crème-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs (Oreo type cookies)
    ½ tub Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy chocolate or vanilla frosting (2/3 cup)
    2/3 cup crème-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs

Heat oven to 350F. Make brownies as directed on package in a 13” x 9” pan, except stir 1 cup cookie crumbs into batter. Bake as directed. Cool completely. Frost with frosting. Sprinkle with 2/3 cup cookie crumbs.
    False
    False

This was posted by JoleneM about a year ago and it's become a favorite.

chocolate Caramel Brownie Cups

1 pkg brownie Mix (1lb 6oz or so size)
    24 chocolate covered caramel candies like rolos

Mix brownies according to directions, make sure you use all eggs (I make cake version)
    Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full
    Remove wrappers and press 2 rolos side by side into batter, batter will cover.
    Bake at 350º for 20-25 min
    Let cool completely

I use the mini muffin tins and only use 1 rolo per cup. I let them bake 15 minutes and cool in tins 5 min before going on to next batch.

Wonderful little treats.

Jill
    False