Recipe for fudge jumbles | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

Recipe for fudge jumbles

Last post Aug 11, 2005 6:55 PM by dessert1st . 3 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
  • Recipe for fudge jumbles
    Hi,
    Back in the late 70's - early 80's, Pillsbury made a boxed dessert called "Fudge Jumbles." It consisted of an oatmeal cookie crust, then a fudgy brownie layer on top of that, then blobs of the leftover oatmeal cookie dough were placed on top. These were my favorite after-school snack and I would LOVE to have a recipe for them. Thanks for sharing!
    Meg
    False
  • RE: Recipe for fudge jumbles
    meg
    I found this online
    hope this is it!

FUDGE JUMBLES
    2 cups brown sugar
    ¾ cup softened margarine
    2 eggs
    2 tsp. vanilla
    2-1/2 cups Bisquick
    3 cups quick oats
    1 12-ounce pkg. chocolate chips
    1 cup sweetened condensed milk
    2 Tbsp. margarine
    ½ tsp. salt
    2 tsp. vanilla
    Mix the first 4 ingredients. Add Bisquick and oats. Melt chocolate chips, milk, margarine and salt over low heat. Add vanilla. Press ½ of oatmeal mixture into 9x13 pan. Top with chocolate mixture. Drop remaining oatmeal mixture by spoon on top. Bake approximately 30 minutes at 350 until lightly brown. Cool completely before cutting.
    False
    I came across this one too:

FUDGE JUMBLES

3 cups rolled oats
    2-1/4 cups flour
    1 tsp baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 cup butter or margarine
    2 cups brown sugar
    2 eggs
    2 tsp vanilla

Combine all the above ingredients; set aside.

1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1 can sweetened condensed milk
    2 Tbsp butter or margarine
    1/2 cup chopped nuts (Julie used pecans)
    2 tsp vanilla

Combine chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and butter in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring, until chips and butter are melted. Remove from heat and stir in nuts and vanilla.

To assemble: Use 3/4 of the oat mixture on the bottom of a 15x10x1 pan (jelly roll pan). Spread chocolate mixture on top of oat mixture. Dot with remaining oat mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes, or until oat mixture is light brown. Do not overbake. Cut into 2” squares. Makes 35 bars.

False
    This one is tried & true -- It was my first post here on this BB - I requested the recipe. The best part was that it makes a sheet cake sized pan -- even more Fudge Jumbles than you got from the mixes back in the 80's ! Enjoy ! And thanks again to Slick-t5 who shared it with me way back then !

Posted by: Slick_t5 Posted on: 2/9/2003 8:06:24 PM
    #R1125900
    This is a very yummy recipe! My family loves them! Hope this is what you were looking for!

Fudge Jumbles
    1 C. margarine
    2 C. brown sugar
    2 eggs
    2 tsp. vanilla
    2 1/2 C. flour
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1 tsp. salt
    3 C. oatmeal (I use quick cooking)

Mix above ingredients and spread 2/3 of mixture in greased and floured jelly-roll pan.

Filling:
    1 bag (12 oz.) chocolate chips
    1 can sweetened condensed milk
    2 T. margarine
    2 tsp. vanilla
    1 C. chopped nuts (opt.)

Melt in microwave and pour over batter. Drop rest of first mixture over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.

False