ISO clone recipe for Kraft Miracle French Salad Dressing! | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

ISO clone recipe for Kraft Miracle French Salad Dressing!

Last post Sep 02, 2013 7:12 PM by wcjarvis . 10 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
  • ISO clone recipe for Kraft Miracle French Salad Dressing!
    I was just talking with a neighbor who asked me if I knew where to find a recipe for Kraft Miracle French Salad Dressing. So right away I thought of coming here and asking if anyone can help. Kraft made this a number of years ago and it's been discontinued for quite some. It wasn't a creamy salad dressing. It was more of a vinegar and oil type, I guess. I don't remember it myself, but that's what the neighbor remembers. Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? And he's also wondering if anyone has a recipe for a good creamy cucumber salad dressing. Any help would be most appreciated!

TIA

(o:Kay:o)
    False

Kay Click for Winthrop, Minnesota Forecast

• RE: ISO clone recipe for Kraft Miracle French Salad Dressing!
    I loved Kraft Miracle French. Yes, it was a cross between a vinegarette and a red French dressing. I am hoping that someone will respond to the post.
    I also like the Good Seasons Old-Fashioned French in the packet. They discontinued that one too.
    False
    Kay, this might be what you're looking for. Take a look.

French Dressing Mix

1 c. sugar
    4 t. paprika
    2 T. dry mustard
    2 t. salt
    1/2 t. onion powder

Measure all ingredients into a Ziploc bag; shake well. (transfer to vacuum seal bag and store up to a year, if desired.)

To Use:
    Combine 1/4 mix with:
    3/4 c. vegetable or canola oil
    6 T. catsup
    1/4 c. white vinegar

Combine in blender and whip for 40 seconds, or until well blended. Chill.
    False
    Texasrosell - I've no idea if this is right or not!:O) My neighbor knows I spend quite a bit of time here on the board looking for and trying new recipes. So he thought I might have better luck finding something than he has had. Thanks. I'm gonna send this to him and see what he thinks. I've a feeling he will probably give it a try. Thanks!! I'll let you know what I find out from him. I'm not sure when he'll get around to it as he's getting ready to leave tomorrow night for a few days. But I'll keep bugging him until I find out what his verdict is. I'm actually thinking of trying it on my DH! He loves French dressing of just about any kind. Me? No way!! Again, thanks!!

Anybody else have any ideas or possible recipes? I just might have to make some time to do a search on the net myself.

Anyway, Thanks to all who help!!

Kay
    False

:O)
    False

I can tell you that I grew up on Miracle French dressing for probably 30 years! It was my absolute favorite. Texas rose is right on the money with that recipe. I actually add some grated onion to mine.
    Also, the Kraft Light Done Right is a good substitute for the original Miracle French....one of my all time favorites out of everything...wish Kraft would bring it back. I've called the company over the years...maybe more could bombard with requests!
    False
    I can tell you that I grew up on Miracle French dressing for probably 30 years! It was my absolute favorite. Texas rose is right on the money with that recipe. I actually add some grated onion to mine.
    Also, the Kraft Light Done Right is a good substitute for the original Miracle French....one of my all time favorites out of everything...wish Kraft would bring it back. I've called the company over the years...maybe more could bombard with requests!
    False
    Grated onion sounds like a good addition. Thanks for the tip and I hope Kay's friend likes this.
    False
    That was always my favorite also. And I do like the Kraft done light one. Its a good substitute.

I'm going to try this recipe too.

Linda
    False

Perfect! This is exactly like the one my Mom used to buy. She added a few garlic cloves and some celery seed. I did that when I made it and it reminds me of a time long ago when I could reach into the fridge and pull out a jar of this great dressing. Thanks for the recipe and the memories.

False

Kraft Miracle French was my all time favorite. When I saw this recipe I got so excited I made it immediately.  This is definitely NOT the Kraft Miracle French at all. It is however very much like the traditional creamy orange french dressing that was everywhere when I was a kid. As others have written, the Miracle French was a typical oil/vinegar consistency that separated out immediately when you set down the bottle. It had to be shaken every time before use and with the Kraft style bottle having the thin neck when you opened a new bottle it was almost impossible not to get mostly oil out on the first pour because it separated so rapidly. This recipe is very well emulsified and stayed that way. Tastes good, but nothing like my all time favorite Miracle French.  As one of the other writers suggested I have called and written to Kraft many times over the last 15 years to get it brought back and I even offered to buy the recipe to no avail. I am disappointed, and will keep looking for my Miracle. *wink*

False