?? About 4.5 lbs of pork spare ribs.... | Taste of Home Community  
Show Subscription Form

?? About 4.5 lbs of pork spare ribs....

Last post Sep 13, 2005 10:57 AM by Tink___OH . 7 replies.

Forum Jump:
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
  • ?? About 4.5 lbs of pork spare ribs....
    I bought these last night as they were on sale. I would like to make them for dinner tomorrow night. But with it being a work day, and I know they take a while on the grill, which is what I wanted them for, to bbq on the grill. So could I put them in the crock pot or something maybe on warm until time to put them on the grill?? What would you do with them?? I guess I could bake them, but boy are they good on the grill. Please and Thank You!

T.
    False
    Always treat people they way you want to be treated. ~Tink~
  • RE: ?? About 4.5 lbs of pork spare ribs....
    YOUR CAN DEFINATELY PUT THEM IN THE OVEN AND LOW HET WITH A LITTLE WATER IN BOTTOM OF PAN,AND COVER. LET ROAST SLOWLY AL DAY. THEM TAKE THEM OUT AND PUT THEM ON THE GRILL WITH YOUR BBQ SAUCE, AND GRILL AWAY. THEY COME OUT SUPER GOOD AND TENDER. WHILE IN THE OVERN I SPRINKLEE ON SALT, PEPPER AND A TOUCH A GARLIC POWDER ( COURSE I PUT GARLIC POWDER ON EVERYTHING) ENJOY 1
    False
    Avidcook's recipe for ribs is wonderful and easy. You could put them in the oven partially frozen, then set your oven on time bake, and have them ready when you get home...just put on the grill to quickly brown.
    False
    Here is Avidcook's recipe, you could cook them in the oven tonite refridgerate them then cook on the grill tomorrow nite~! These ARE THE BEST~!

Best Ever Ribs

Take a broiler pan and fill the bottom section of the broiler pan about half full of water. On the top section(the part with the slits in it) lay out your ribs. You may add a rub or sauce at this time or leave them plain. Cover the pan with foil and fold edges under to seal in the steam as they cook. Place in oven at 300 degrees for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Remove foil carefully as steam will be very hot. Now all the grease is down in the bottom pan with the water and the ribs are completely cooked and tender. All you need to do is finish them up on the grill or under the broiler with sauce.
    For grill: place ribs on grill and coat with favorite bbq sauce. Grill on each side just a few minutes until crispy.
    For broiler: add bbq sauce and broil for a few minutes on each side. Watch closely because sugar in the bbq sauce will burn quickly.
    False
    Thanks guys!!! However, Avidcooks recipe say 2 1/2 to 3 hours on 300, I will be gone like 6-7 hours, I should reduce the heat to what?? 200 degrees maybe. Thank you all for the tips, they all sound wonderful!! LOL, I DO put garlic powder on everything I cook too!! Ill be doing this tomorrow for sure, just need to double check the temp wioth you guys and the time.

Thanks again!!

Tink!!
    Oh and I can tell you now DH will be thanking you all too!!! Its a surprise for him....YAY!!!
    False
    Oh yea...and they are not frozen, they are still in the frige fresh...Should I pop them in the freezer tonight for in the morn???

T.
    False
    I would cook them in the oven tonite then put them in the fridge, when you get home tomorrow nite toss them on the grill.
    False
    GREAT idea cittie!!! Thanks sheesh...sometime i totally have a lack of brains. LOL...thanks again!!

Tink!
    False